Raising His Own Bar, Lucas Kozeniesky Sets New Air Rifle National Record

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USA Shooting

Post by USA Shooting »

Colorado Springs, Colorado

In true Lucas Kozeniesky fashion, dominating while having fun doing so, he set a new 60-shot Air Rifle National record with a score of 634.7, more than a point higher than the previous record, which was also set by him.

Lucas previously tied the world record and set a new national record of 633.5 at Air Rifle Trials Part 2 back in February 2020, securing his spot on the 2020 Olympic Team. He beat the national record for a second time at the Hungarian Open in December 2020 with a score of 633.6, out shooting some of the top-ranked athletes in the world. Since then, Lucas won his first world cup gold medal in the 10m Men’s Air Rifle Event at ISSF World Cup New Delhi, again reigning victorious over the top-ranked shooters in the world.

“The number was never important to me, what’s important is competing at the highest level and at the biggest events,” says two-time Olympian, Lucas Kozeniesky. “To break this record at a smaller event where I’m shooting next to the athletes I coach and to really connect this achievement with them is the best. I’m already looking forward to next quad and what I can do there.”

This new U.S. National Record was set at a USA Shooting sanctioned PTO on April 18, 2021 at the Hotel Elegante Range in Colorado Springs. Lucas will compete at the Olympic Games in Tokyo this summer, the first day of Men’s 10m Air Rifle competition begins July 25, 2021.
rgibson

Re: Raising His Own Bar, Lucas Kozeniesky Sets New Air Rifle National Record

Post by rgibson »

He is on his “game.” World Cup Gold and this! Outstanding!