Anyone one own a Rock River Wadcutter?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

GunRunner

Re: Anyone one own a Rock River Wadcutter?

Post by GunRunner »

you are correct, but stories tend to differ some what by who is telling. Ive owned several from rock river and les baer bullseye guns, all were good accurate guns, id say you might get a tiny bit better gun from RRA but you pay a few extra hundred over the cost of the same model Baer. RRA wadutter is 2500. Baer is 2180.00
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

$320 is a lot of money. Is RR worth that over LB? I mean is RR likely to make a happy 295 shooter out of an old dumb 290 shooter with a LB? Is it likely to make an old dumb 290 shooter out of a sore and bitter 285 one? Is it likely to make a sore and bitter 285 shooter out of a 280 loser?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

shaky hands wrote:$320 is a lot of money. Is RR worth that over LB? I mean is RR likely to make a happy 295 shooter out of an old dumb 290 shooter with a LB? Is it likely to make an old dumb 290 shooter out of a sore and bitter 285 one? Is it likely to make a sore and bitter 285 shooter out of a 280 loser?

I don't think either gun will hold you back. A better bet money wise is to find a good used gun for 1500 or so, and replace barrel as needed. Probably last a couple of lifetimes if well cared for.
inthebeech

Post by inthebeech »

KC has a mil spec SA of mine that he is turning into a wad gun and quoted a very reasonable leadtime; just FYI.
Also, ask around of the various RR dealers. I forget who I was going to use; this was just before I decided to go the "build from Mil-spec" route with KC, but the dealer I was going to buy from told me the RR Limited would be $1,800 or so, excluding shipping to my FFL.
Ed
Rover

Post by Rover »

National Record Holder Don Kling (retired) is selling one of his custom .45s very reasonably. Go on the hunt and maybe you can get a deal.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Rover wrote:National Record Holder Don Kling (retired) is selling one of his custom .45s very reasonably. Go on the hunt and maybe you can get a deal.
where is it listed?
messenger

Post by messenger »

I have one and it shoots as good as it looks. I have four wad guns. The RR, the LB, and two Springfields That Dave Salyer built for me. They are all EQUALLY Accurate. The difference is the trigger. I have had roll trigger jobs done to one of my Springfields and my Les Baer. These are the guns I take to matches. My other Sringfield just sits in the safe. I had both of my Springfields built by Dave at the same time about 5-6 years ago (consecutive serial #'s) for my son and I. Unfortunately he has lost interest and it sits next to the Rock River in the safe. The only reason is because they don't have roll triggers. The point is it's not the pistol manufacturer, It's the guy who accurized it. Dave builds a heck of a pistol and you don't have to wait very long.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't know that it IS listed. You'd have to track down Don and ask about it.