Getting Leonid Ekimov to shoot NRA Conventional Pistol

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Sa-tevo

Getting Leonid Ekimov to shoot NRA Conventional Pistol

Post by Sa-tevo »

In the 25m Rapid Fire Finals at Gabala, Keith Sanderson was speaking with Hilary Russell about Leonid Ekimov's talents with every pistol he competes with, and would like to see him try Bullseye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IXdx13v ... 1yMp6x_C0Q

Fort Benning in March 2015 would make a great venue at the Army Marksmanship Unit range on post. There is likely to be a local event 2 or 2.5 hours away Sunday March 23rd before the World Cup but the AMU range is right there. It could make a good video for the Pardini USA range of Bullseye pistols.

Last December in Munich there was a Champions Trophy sponsored by the Swiss electronic targets company SIUS ASCOR, a US version on the Bullseye range with ISSF folks shooting NRA Conventional Pistol would be a hoot.
Jerry Keefer

Re: Getting Leonid Ekimov to shoot NRA Conventional Pistol

Post by Jerry Keefer »

Thank you Sa-tevo.
I really enjoyed watching that..
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

De nada.

The ISSF film crew has really stepped up their act, posting coverage within 24 hours of the event at http://www.youtube.com/user/issfchannel/videos They also invite competitors who didn't make the final to comment with them, which can be very informative.

There are qualification and finals results at http://www.issf-sports.org/competitions/results.ashx , where you can even see the competitor's targets.

Since they have a good camera crew, often you get to watch the competitors go through their shot processes. It is also fun to spot who is in the audience, coaches, competitors and others.

Too bad we don't have a farm league like Germany or the People's Republic of China has for shooters.
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

I was particularly impressed with the commentary by Keith Sanderson. As the video progressed it became apparent that Keith is a real student of the game as well as a top competitor. His commentary on each shooter and their accomplishments at various matches in different years was entertaining and informative. That was one of the most interesting color commentaries I have heard on ISSF TV ever.

Good job Keith. And good luck on getting Ekimov to come shoot the bullseye match at Ft Benning. I'd pay to see that.
Misny

Post by Misny »

Great video. That is a terrific venue. It was interesting to see so much lighting. I wonder if those are LED or florescent? With all the ISSF rules, I'm surprised to see that no eye protection is mandatory. The competitors "feeling" their triggers on the bench was a surprise to me. I was also surprised to see that most of them gripped the pistol with their thumb. What was that music that was playing after the "attention" command?
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

We're getting close to the ISSF World Cup at Fort Benning. There is a Bullseye match just north of Atlanta on Saturday May 16th, and a NRA Bullseye Regional to the south east of Atlanta May 8-9-10.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Marc Orvin wrote:I was particularly impressed with the commentary by Keith Sanderson. As the video progressed it became apparent that Keith is a real student of the game as well as a top competitor. His commentary on each shooter and their accomplishments at various matches in different years was entertaining and informative. That was one of the most interesting color commentaries I have heard on ISSF TV ever.

Good job Keith. And good luck on getting Ekimov to come shoot the bullseye match at Ft Benning. I'd pay to see that.

Keith is a very smart guy. And he can translate his knowledge of the game into commentary that adds a lot to the viewers enjoyment.

He used to come to our matches occasionally from the OTC, and listening to him talk at dinner, was always a hoot.

If USA shooting is smart they will hire him to do something when he has had enough of competition.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Agreed, all he needs to learn is how to pronounce Ekimov's name. It is

Ye- (like in "yellow", first vowel is not stressed)
- kim - (this second vowel is stressed)
- ov (almost like "of")

But I am afraid conventional pistol will feel like a garage league to someone who wins medals both in free pistol and shooting those 4 second series.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Dang it. Not on the entry list. I should have mentioned BBQ.

http://www.issf-sports.org/media/calend ... 150413.pdf

http://www.issf-sports.org/competitions ... hipid=1694

Still, anyone is welcome in the garage league. 22, CF and 45.