Hardball .45

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Rover

Hardball .45

Post by Rover »

Here is an excellent article I pilfered:

http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazine/a ... 5&magid=80
divingin

Re: Hardball .45

Post by divingin »

Interesting read, thanks.

Wish the tables had been included though.

jky
6string

Post by 6string »

Charles Petty has written some really fine, insightful articles on bullseye and the 1911 over the years. Given his intent to take on his subject matter in an objective and statistical manner, I think he'd have done better to have run the test at 50 yds. He knows the game and knows that's what counts! The extra distance would have separated a really great load from just a better than average load.
But, thank you Rover for your thoughtfulness in posting the link. It's still a good read, despite my little quibble.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

A very well written article, one of those that sells well to the readership, most of which can't possibly detect any difference in the cartridges/guns being tested but like to entertain the idea that it matters. A well done test that, as aptly captured by a side-note, "generated lots of empty brass." Of course, in real bullseye hardball is shot (at least where accuracy is of any concern) at 50 yards, but that is a small thing. But it is entertaining to see that chemists still do not know the difference between power and energy.