Nighthawk/Marvel 22 conversion 1911

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

podunckshooter

Nighthawk/Marvel 22 conversion 1911

Post by podunckshooter »

I have what appears to be a newer conversion which Nighthawk no longer sells. I would like to change the front sight to a fiber optic, and don't want to scar things up. There is a small diameter hole on the leading edge of the front sight which is for a pin or set screw, and I'm not sure.

There are two Torx screws on the top of the barrel, which appears that if they are removed will take off the top rib, which will include the rear or aft portion of the front sight dove tail. Can anyone assist me on the best route to go?

Marvel gave me the heave-ho, and said not our unit, call Nighthawk.
Nighthawk was very friendly, but really wasn't able to help other than they sold their stuff to Nelson Tactical, but apparently Nelsons phone doesn't have a keypad to call someone back.

Phil,
jackh

Re: Nighthawk/Marvel 22 conversion 1911

Post by jackh »

dronning

Post by dronning »

Try calling Nelson again or emailing them. They have always been very responsive. I'd venture a guess they went to the Shot Show which just wrapped up. Probably behind on call backs.

Larry will be able to answer your questions.

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
izzyjim

Post by izzyjim »

................apparently Nelsons phone doesn't have a keypad to call someone back.

That has not been my experience. Larry Nelson has always returned my calls.
Call him again, leave your message/ phone number.
When I called in the morning, I always got a call-back that evening. Even when he
was on the road.......Jim
BEA

Post by BEA »

The Nelson were indeed at the SHOT Show and I enjoyed chatting with them. They are very nice people and I am impressed with their conversion unit.
podunckshooter

Post by podunckshooter »

Finally got some promising information yesterday. Nighthawk did NOT sell their inventory to Nelson Tactical, but Larry Nelson of Nelson Custom Guns now has everything. I spoke with Larry and he is taking care of my needs, and is providing customer service which is over the top. Larry was a pleasure to speak with.

Please do not mix up what i said regarding not getting returned calls, as that was not Larry Nelson, but Nelson Tactical. Two different companies. I also spoke with Nelson Tactical Thursday night and let them know my feelings of them never returning calls, and have said this will not happen again.
podunckshooter

Post by podunckshooter »

Thanks again for all who replied.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

Larry Nelson is great at returning calls in my experience. He is honest and genuine.

I'm under the impression that they made the conversions for Nighthawk.

Jon