Marvel Conversion

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Jon Eulette

Re: Marvel Conversion

Post by Jon Eulette »

The Marvel should shoot great. I recommend getting the Nelson shock buffer to prevent battering of the slide into the frame. Marvel's can be problematic with feeding. All the one's I build I use EGW higher magazine release and tune my magazine to function higher into pistol frame. It's a more direct feed that doesn't ding up the bullet during feeding. They run 100% after doing this.
Jon
throttleup

Re: Marvel Conversion

Post by throttleup »

I have both a Marvel and a Nelson .22 conversion. We shoot a 60 round Red Dot match and a 60 round Iron Sight match every week. I cannot recall more than 2 alibis in the last year, both were due to duds.

My Marvel unit is a couple of years old and is mounted on a Kimber Gold Combat frame. It uses metal GSG magazines and despite the Marvel added hold-open option, that function no longer works. That is not a problem as I count to five subconsciously every string I shoot. I have a Match Dot sight on it.

I bought a Nelson unit six months ago for the iron sight matches. I had heard about the Nelson unit on a Bullseye web site and decided to give it a try. It is mounted on a Kimber Custom Classic frame and uses the supplied composite magazines. They work just fine and do hold open on the last round.

Both units are super accurate and reliable. I shoot SK Magazine ammo in the Marvel Unit and SK Standard Plus and CCI SV in the Nelson. There is no real reason for that as they both work fine with either ammo. The Nelson unit is a little heavier and has the Elliason sight. The Marvel unit has the Kensight. I thought I liked the larger Kensight better until I started shooting the Elliason. It seems to give a sightly cleaner, squarer picture.

If I need buy another unit I would probably opt for another Nelson. I cannot say definitely why. I would not hesitate to change to a Marvel if I got a good deal though. Bottom line, they are both great units and shoot tighter than I will ever shoot. You cannot go wrong with either.