California SSE to expire

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

conradin

California SSE to expire

Post by conradin »

For those who live in California, should you decide to buy a pistol for B/E that is off roster (such as the Pardini), you have less than two weeks to start the process of purchasing the item if you need an FFL to FFL transfer. The usual method of shipping firearms here is 2 days (air), and the waiting period is 10 24hour days, or in a lot of places, 11 days. You *must* pass your DROS and take your SSE pistol out of your FFL by 12/31. I am not sure how the law applies but many businesses have expressed that they would apply the SSE expiration date to the day of the pistol leave the shop, not the day the DROS process and the waiting period start.
As for those who are stuck at the 1 in 30 day rule, sorry, it is already too late. If you do not pass your DROS and start your waiting period 2 weeks ago, it is already too late.

This 'public message' only applies to those B/E pistol that is high end and not on the roster, in particular anything that is around .40 or above (including the 45ACP of course), since B/E pistols which cannot be used in ISSF event are not in the Olympics exemption list.

If you were like me who salivates after a Pardini GT45, and you miss the date, then the only way is either 1. hope Vladmir/Alex/Emil willing to submit a model to the DoJ and pay the ridiculously high fees. 2. Find someone who is local and do a person to person transaction 3. Wait until the roster is declared unconstitutional, and keep waiting until all the appeals have been exhausted. While the roster is a major pro-2A issue, it is a legal case that will take a very long period of time to resolve.

I am posting here also because the other arms and competition listed in the other forums are mostly unaffected by the SSE expiration. There is a minor new law requirement concerning purchasing long arm starting 1/1 but while it is another source of constitutional fight, in every day life it matters little. I am sure someone else will post the tiny nuisance of a new law on the rifle, shotgun, RT, and biathlon section. Or maybe the Shooting Lounge forum.
joel

Re: California SSE to expire

Post by joel »

I doubt that you can get a Pardini GT45. The guns must be converted to single shot with a long barrel with one shot mag. This is easy to do with a 1911, thus that is why I bought a Springfield RO, but I don't know a single shop in CA that has experience or is willing to machine any kind of conversion for a one-off sale. I don't know how the Pardini disassembles so I don't even know if it is possible, but otherwise it would be nice to be able to get the 6" GT45.

Joel
Murph

Re: California SSE to expire

Post by Murph »

Just spit ballin here.........I think a Pardini GT45 could converted to a single shot. Haven't tested this theory, but if the GT45 was modified so it couldn't cycle, then it's a single shot. To load a single shot, simply turn the break down lever and slide the rail off, then load the single round and reassemble. A 40# spring would keep it from cycling.
Just an idea. Make the spring super heavy so it won't cycle. Load one shot a time by breaking it down (they break down as fast as a Glock and with no tools). A Block is placed in the mag could make that a single round mag, but it wouldn't matter anyway if loaded directly into the chamber when broken down.