What is Bullseye pistol shooting

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

kevin

What is Bullseye pistol shooting

Post by kevin »

Hi all hope this is not a silly question but what is Bullseye pistol shooting, is it anything like 10 metre pistol shooting.

kevin
Enjoy and have fun shooting
Bill Treanor

Re: What is Bullseye pistol shooting

Post by Bill Treanor »

The course of fire is similar to standard pistol, but shot with three calibers (.22, centerfire (.32 or larger), and .45) and the slow fire portion is shot at 50 yards vs. the 25 yards for timed and rapid fire. Equipment is similar to standard pistol except that electronic (red dot) sights may be used. Here's a decent summary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullseye_% ... etition%29
dronning

Post by dronning »

Websites dedicated to Bullseye:

http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ < tons of info

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
kevin

Post by kevin »

Hi guys thanks for clearing that up for me. Will be having a good look at those forums when get chance.

kevin
Enjoy and have fun shooting
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

kevin wrote:Will be having a good look at those forums when get chance.
Just remember Kevin, not a hope in Hades of you shooting it in the UK :-(
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

David Levene wrote:
I know that bullseye is not shot much outside of the US for various reasons; in the UK is it because of the laws? I.e., was it ever popular even back when it was possible for civilians to own handguns suitable for the course of fire?

(I am not intending to turn this into a political discussion, simply curious.)
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Bullseye is almost life changing. I shot Trap for 40 years and enjoyed it. Shot F-class rifle and liked that even more. Tried Bullseye and fell in love with it. It is the only shooting sport I do today. You get to shoot a lot, meet great people, and you can always get better, but most of all you get to shoot a lot.

Chip
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

john bickar wrote: I know that bullseye is not shot much outside of the US for various reasons; in the UK is it because of the laws? I.e., was it ever popular even back when it was possible for civilians to own handguns suitable for the course of fire?
I only started shooting in 1980 but I never heard of, or saw, anyone shooting Bullseye over here.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

David Levene wrote:
john bickar wrote: I know that bullseye is not shot much outside of the US for various reasons; in the UK is it because of the laws? I.e., was it ever popular even back when it was possible for civilians to own handguns suitable for the course of fire?
I only started shooting in 1980 but I never heard of, or saw, anyone shooting Bullseye over here.
As I suspected.

That's too bad; it's fun! The marathon of precision pistol events.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hell, even I shoot Bullseye!

FYI Apparently the NRA has started a new program (I don't know much about it) where a shooter can shoot an entire 2700 using the caliber of his choice (I choose .22). Of course, different records will be kept.
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

David Levene wrote:
Prior to his untimely passing, Bert Brookes (Range Officer at the Eley Customer Range) traveled with me and some other friends to the Nationals at Camp Perry, Ohio annually for at least 8 years. He always had a good time, and even accrued 20 points toward Distinguished status.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

kevin wrote:Hi all hope this is not a silly question but what is Bullseye pistol shooting, is it anything like 10 metre pistol shooting.

kevin

Dear Kevin:

Bullseye pistol shooting is awesome as pistol shooters are competing shoulder to shoulder shooting at their own targets at various timed strings. If you want to try it, all you need is a buddy to call the match, and download some pdf targets. Please note that you can get specific size targets for the range you are shooting but I do not think that they are in metric. I betcha you could figure out how to size them correctly for the metric ranges you shoot over there across the pond though!

The matches vary in length (10 shots per target, possible 10 points per shot, 300 point, 600 point, 900 point, 1,200 point, and 2,700 point matches are the more common, and they are comprised of a combination of strings of a) 10 shots in 10 minutes (slow fire),b) 5 shots in 20 seconds (timed fire), or c) 5 shots in 10 seconds(rapid fire)). Shoot me a pm or a email if you want more of the particulars on a bullseye match.

The big problem in trying to convey the match experience is that while you might be able to duplicate exactly the targets, the range, the calling, and the shot sequence over there in England, there is no way for you to experience the total match experience socially. While it is definitely not a direct comparison, I believe the camaraderie of a British game of darts in a English pub is a good example. The only exception is that the beer is verboten prior to and on the firing line. At the end of the season or the end of the match, trophy's, awards, and/or prizes are usually distributed.

The way the matches are set up, there is very little down time or idle time except at the big matches. I have shot in a number of different leagues around the country and every one is filled with courteous, friendly, outgoing shooters that will do anything they can to assist their fellow competitor. Sportsmanship at its finest from my experiences.

If you ever find yourself over here in Michigan on a cold winter Thursday night, shoot me a line. We got a spot on the line for you!

Regards,
Crankster