Brass Catcher

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

conradin

Brass Catcher

Post by conradin »

I'd like to know which brand/model is best as a brass catcher for a pistol (45acp, 9mm, .32swl). I have heard and read that many catchers do not work well with pistols, and casings ejected ended up bouncing off the net..
Any opinion of the Caldwell Brass Trap Catcher 122560 or CTK Precision UBC1 Universal Brass Catcher Shell Casing Net? Those two seem to be the only choices that are east to find for sale.

Most catchers seem to be designed for rifle (especially bench) use...
6string

Re: Brass Catcher

Post by 6string »

I made my brass catcher over ten years ago from a nylon mesh laundry bag from Walmart. I pulled out the string and replaced it with a length of spring steel from a collapsible windshield sunscreen. That's mounted to a length of antenna rod drilled into a small wooden base. All of it was just junk lying around the house... Works great!
Leon

Post by Leon »

The case catcher ( either fabric or hard plastic ) for the .32 Walther GSP works just fine. Shot CF with mine this morning and every case was caught.

A similar hard plastic one for the Hammerli 280 is OK too.

Pardini in Germany also offer a case catcher for the Pardini HP .32 as well. Strangely enough, they seem to be the only Pardini distribtor offering one.
dronning

Post by dronning »

About 90% of the shooters I know use the CCM Brass catcher. You can adjust the net angles easily so brass doesn't bounce out. Don't keep the net tight is a good tip too.

http://www.cm-machine.com/

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

dronning wrote:About 90% of the shooters I know use the CCM Brass catcher. You can adjust the net angles easily so brass doesn't bounce out. Don't keep the net tight is a good tip too.

http://www.cm-machine.com/

- Dave
I purchased another one before I bought a CCM Brass Catcher. CCM is the best by far...
Chip
conradin

Post by conradin »

Thank you, I purchased one from Champions Choice. Let's see how it works!