NELSON CUSTOM GUNS...

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

askernie

NELSON CUSTOM GUNS...

Post by askernie »

I have been looking into trying out Bullseye shooting. Thought I check out some. .22 conversions.

Spoke to Larry yesterday from Nelson Custom Guns. What a fantastic and informative person.

Even though he is a gunsmith and expert in his business, he spoke to me in newbie language and explained it all.

My mind is made up. Nelson it is.

Just thought I' share this experience as it may help others like me that are trying to get into Bullseye and are thinking about a .22 conversion instead of a Ruger or other .22.

Thanks

Ernie the Eyeball
jackh

Post by jackh »

Good choice.

Nelson is my conversion too.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Mine too, ive built four full on marvel precision guns and they were good and accurate but the nelson is just a higher grade product imo.
mparker

Post by mparker »

Agree. Nelsons are a winner. I'm having full custom lower built for one of my Nelson uppers now.
chiltech500

Post by chiltech500 »

Mine has been great from day one. Handles the junkiest ammo. I would recommend to anyone.
Ttgoods

Nelson

Post by Ttgoods »

I have a marvel unit one works great, Nelson looks like a nicer finish on a similar design. If they offer a rail with iron sights get that so you can shoot intl matches and work on trigger control.

My marvel will put five bullets in the slow fire x ring at 25 yards.

If you have a 45 that's the way to go.

If you are just starting to shoot 22lr Rugers are cheap and there are gunsmiths that do a good job on them.

I have guys in my league that shoot 270/280 with Rugers.

I find with my marvel I need a really good trigger to shoot really good slow fire scores with a conversion.

The upshot is you are not switching platforms with a conversion and that's nice.
mparker

Post by mparker »

askernie -

Bob Marvel hit it out of the park by teaming with Larry Nelson on this conversion. I often encourage folks to call Larry and discuss his conversion kit.

I have two.