Norinco Olympia .22

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

shootertom

Norinco Olympia .22

Post by shootertom »

A number of years ago, I had a Norinco Olympia .22 (Chinese copy of the pre-WWII Walther Olympic pisto) that I had worked over by a gunsmith in Wisconsin. Trigger job and provision for mounting an Ultra Dot 1". Pistol was dead nuts reliable and accurate. Alas, I sold it about 2002 along with much of my BE stuff - Rock River and Ed Masecki .45s, etc. Now I have a Norinco again for plinking and would like the trigger worked on and possibly the pistol set up for a Ultra Dot again as my 75 year old eyes don't work well with the tiny factoy sights.

The gunsmith is long gone - I heard he went to work for the Feds.

Anyone know about someone else capable of working on the Norinco?

Also I have a Czech CZ85 9mm that I use for informal target work in Centerfire matches. It has a lousy trigger as apparently the hammer hooks are cut at the wrong angle which means to fire, the trigger and sear have to cam back the hammer against the force of the hammer spring to disengage. Not good. Many so-called Smiths cannot understand nor apparently know how to fix the hook angle on the CZ. Any suggestions for someone in Indiana to work on the CZ?

Tom
Shot at Perry withh pistol or HP rifle for many years from summer of 1956 through 2002