Bullseye Gallery Match Question

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Mass Shooter

Bullseye Gallery Match Question

Post by Mass Shooter »

During match competition; "Slow-Fire Target"

The shooter fires a couple shots, plenty of time remainng on the clock for the SF relay;

The shooter is now having difficulties with his/her pistol, lets say it is jammed with a spent & stuck brass case or has some other type of mechanical failure;

Is a range officer allowed to assist the shooter to clear the empty stuck case or free a jammed slide. or remove a magazine? (use any sort of issue)

Just curious ...
GOVTMODEL

Procedure in Case of Defective Cartridge, Disabled Pistol in

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Rule 10.9 says- "If a cartridge fails to fire or a pistol fails to
function in slow fire the competitor may replace the unfired cartridge
or clear the jam and continue firing."

I wouldn't touch it.
Isabel1130

Re: Bullseye Gallery Match Question

Post by Isabel1130 »

Mass Shooter wrote:During match competition; "Slow-Fire Target"

The shooter fires a couple shots, plenty of time remainng on the clock for the SF relay;

The shooter is now having difficulties with his/her pistol, lets say it is jammed with a spent & stuck brass case or has some other type of mechanical failure;

Is a range officer allowed to assist the shooter to clear the empty stuck case or free a jammed slide. or remove a magazine? (use any sort of issue)

Just curious ...

This has happend to me at least six times on the line. There have always been gunsmiths/ friends on the line, that have helped me with the issue.

A bad crimp on a centerfire round has locked my slide shut out of battery at least four times.

The range officer might help you clear the gun, in a non approved match. In a big match, he may be too busy with his other duties.

At Camp Perry, they won't but you can declare the gun disabled and change it out at any point during the match. This is why most people bring back up guns to big important matches.

You are allowed an alabi, in slowfire, if you need more than the ten minutes to get your shots off.

With experience you will learn to carry a squib rod, or two, that will help you solve a stuck case or other problem on your own.

I would also recommend a slide racker if you have insufficient hand strength to pull the slide open if you have live round stuck in the chamber.