Matchdot II or Ultradot Pan AV

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dronning

Matchdot II or Ultradot Pan AV

Post by dronning »

Anyone tried both and what are your thoughts?

I've been looking at the Matchdot II and was just ready to buy when a bullseye shooter I respect suggested I look at the Pan AV.

Dave
Isabel1130

Re: Matchdot II or Ultradot Pan AV

Post by Isabel1130 »

dronning wrote:Anyone tried both and what are your thoughts?

I've been looking at the Matchdot II and was just ready to buy when a bullseye shooter I respect suggested I look at the Pan AV.

Dave
Did you ask him why he liked it?

I am sure that it would work fine. One of the reasons the matchdot has a lot of respect is the extension tubes that both keep the rain and the sun off the lens, and it comes with a polarizing filter. If you are not planning on shooting any outdoor matches on uncovered firing points, the Pan AV would probably work well, and be slightly lighter in weight.
dronning

Post by dronning »

He doesn't own one but at a shoot he tried one out and liked it alot.

The points you made about rain just made my decision - thanks, Matchdot II it is.

Dave
shadow

Matchdot

Post by shadow »

When making a decision about equipment take a look at what the majority of the shooters use on the line at Camp Perry.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

I would not use either, the original match dot, or the standard 1 inch or 30mm size are tried and true for bullseye.
dronning

Post by dronning »

GunRunner wrote:I would not use either, the original match dot, or the standard 1 inch or 30mm size are tried and true for bullseye.
Other than price (+$25 more than the Matchdot) are there any other reasons why?

Isn't the Matchdot II the same as the as the original Matchdot with just a couple of new features it does weigh 1oz more than the Ultradot and only 0.3oz more that the Matchdot, but that is not an issue for me?

Dave
#1texan

Post by #1texan »

The Matchdot || has a bulit in bullet drop compensater so you can make adjustments on the fly and the regular 2,4,6,8 dots plus 2 more reticles. They no longer make the Dot Four anymore they have the Matchdot (witch is the just like the Dot Four except it is two tone and come only in 30mm) the price did difference between the Matchdot and the Matchdot || is $17.00 (if you bought it from me)

Hope this helps
Nathan
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

The matchdot, keeps its zero when you change dot size, the matchdot II from what i have read does not, it requires you change W&E when you change the recticle style used.
#1texan

Post by #1texan »

GunRunner wrote:The matchdot, keeps its zero when you change dot size, the matchdot II from what i have read does not, it requires you change W&E when you change the recticle style used.
If someone's dot is doing that they should send it back to Ultradot because its not supposed to do that

Nathan
dronning

Post by dronning »

#1texan wrote:
GunRunner wrote:The matchdot, keeps its zero when you change dot size, the matchdot II from what i have read does not, it requires you change W&E when you change the recticle style used.
If someone's dot is doing that they should send it back to Ultradot because its not supposed to do that

Nathan
+1 on what Nathan says

Matchdot II manual on Ultradot website
Reticle Selection:
The Ultradot 6 and the Matchdot II both have 6 different reticles to choose from. The four red dot sizes are 2,4,6 and 8 MOA and the two reticle patterns have center dot sizes of 2 and 8 MOA. To change the reticle, simply rotate the reticle selector knob until you reach a dot or pattern you are happy with. The point of impact will not change when you change the reticle.

Dave