Hammerli SP20 & Walther GSP Expert

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mparker

Hammerli SP20 & Walther GSP Expert

Post by mparker »

Would members with experience with both the Walther GSP, GSP Expert, and Hammerli SP20 please compare and contrast the two, i.e. build quality, accuracy, modifications needed (trigger work, accurizing, etc.), pros and cons of each?
#1texan

Post by #1texan »

I have a Walther GSP and I love mine, extremly accurate, great trigger and I have never had a malfunction. I have handled a SP20 they seem cheaply made, I know that SP20's aren't poplar in the US

Hope this helps Nathan
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I shot a Walther GSP and then a GSP expert for several decades. Never had a single malfunction with either gun and they digested various brands of ammo from Wolf MT/SKJagd through CCI SV without issue. Great triggers, very modular and solidly built. The Hammerli SP-20 does not inspire me. Recently, as I age, I decided for less muzzle weight and now use the Pardini SP which is not nearly as rugged as the Wather's and has definite ammo preferences.
Rover

Post by Rover »

As you can see from the above, the GSP has a fabulous reputation for reliability. I know the NRA junior national record is still held by one (what, thirty years?).

I'm kinda keeping an eye out myself.