Perry question

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

echoindia

Perry question

Post by echoindia »

Anyone know if it is possible to register at Camp Perry on arrival? Or, is it mandatory to preregister by mail? If I go, it will be a last minute decision.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Sure. I know quite a few people who have done that. However, I believe you also have to check in'with the CMP and fill out their paperwork before you can go to the NRA and register to shoot their matches. The CMP controls the liability waivers and also the entries for the LEG match, Presidents Hundred, etc.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

How far in advance can one register for Camp Perry and what are the chances of a 1st timer to land a hutment rather than staying off-base?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

They generally don't open online registration for the match until some time in April.
Getting lodging is a seperate issue and not part of the entry process.
This year, the condos were all closed and that pushed the NRA staff and volunteers into the hotel and the RV park. Teams and state associations get first shot at lodging. Individual competitors are last. This year, the huts were all taken (you can only reserve a hut by the entire hut) but there was still open space in the open bay barracks for individual male competitors. Your best bet for housing on Perry is to go as part of a state assn team and have your assn make the reservation for you.

http://www.cplcc.com/nminfo.html