2 MOA red dot other than UltraDot?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

javaduke

2 MOA red dot other than UltraDot?

Post by javaduke »

I'm looking for a red dot sight for my new gun. I own a couple of UltraDot Matchdots and love them. I noticed, however, that I always keep the dot size at 2MOA and never use any other reticles. So here's my question - is there any less expensive alternative to UltraDot that has a 2MOA dot?
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

most common used is the 4moa, not many other companies even make a 2, best one would be aimpoint micro, but its about twice the price of a matchdot
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Java;

The Bushnell TRS-25 is a 3 moa dot and pretty clear optic for the price right at $100.

I have used it on non reciprocating pistols and works perfectly.
Do not know how well it would stand up to .45 pounding.
I currently have it mounted on my Rock River LAR 8, but have not shot it yet to see if it can handle the .308 recoil on a rifle.

If you are interested in trying it out, it is basically new and I could part with it if you would like.

I already have all the dot sites I need.
1" UD on the Marvel
1" UD on the M52-2
Aimpoint H1 on the .45

Clarence
rdl2001

TRS-25

Post by rdl2001 »

Recently bought one=mounted on a 45 wad gun.

Around $82 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-T ... rds=trs-25

Works fine so far.

Rich
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

I'm curious how much parallax those have. Years ago the predominant scope was the PDP 3 made by Tasco but you had to be careful to keep your eye in the middle. They were tough though as I had, I think, 5 or so of them and none ever failed. Now I use Ultradot and they have way less parallax but both that are about 4 years old have failed. They lost their ability to keep their zero. One was mounted on a marvel conversion and the other on a 45 frame mount and it is 4 to 6 weeks to get it back plus shipping there and $12 shipping and handling back. -- Bill --
davekp

Post by davekp »

Ultradot has improved their turn around recently- it is now about 2 weeks door-to-door.
To the OP: Are you sure a 2 min dot is large enough? Especially outdoors in bright sun?
Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

The Millett SP1 1" red dot sight is listed as having a 3 MOA dot. I have one and the dot looks smaller than that to me - it's just a pinpoint of red light. Although it's a good, inexpensive (under $80) sight, the Millett's dot is too small for my tastes. On my UltraDot 1" multi-dot, I use the second setting, which I think is 6 MOA.