Loading info with 200gr LSWC sought

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

NDbullseye

Post by NDbullseye »

tenx9, you may want to try DEWC that is what I have used in a revolver for indoor and outdoors. They seem to shoot very well. I had to move up in the powder charge to get my indoor loads to stablize at 50yds. But then again my load was pretty light for indoors. I personally love to use clays.

I have not had a problem with 3.6-3.7 grs of clays and a H&G 68 not functioning my slide mounted 45 on a cold morning. I have shot this load during a match when it was snowing in April here in ND. Not a problem. I also use the same load but with a H&G 130 for timed and rapid. The 130 gives a noticable difference in recoil. They seem lighter and make timed and rapid a little easier than shooting them with the 200's.

Just my experence not saying it works for everyone.
tenx9

Thank you

Post by tenx9 »

Do u have any preference in your DEWC bullet? Hard cast, swaged, brand...etc. Thanks again...........
NDbullseye

Post by NDbullseye »

The ones I used were from missouri bullet company. They are hard cast. I had good luck with them. The loads for 50ft and 25yds that I was using was 1.9grs of Clays. For 50 yds I had to bump it up to 2.4grs I think. The 1.9 gr load destabilzed between 25yds and 50yds.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Start off with 3.5gr of bullseye or Winchester WST for light loads. You might have to adjust up to get reliable cycling. I didn't get clean cut holes with that bullet until 4.5gr bullseye. To mimick the recoil of a hardball load use 5.0gr bullseye. Hope that helps.