WHY not a DeltaPoint Reflex Sight,insted on my MP90 ????????

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

22eley

WHY not a DeltaPoint Reflex Sight,insted on my MP90 ????????

Post by 22eley »

I see a lot of pictures with Aimpoint scopes things (long ugly scope lookin tube) on the target pistols. most of the time there 3/4 as long as the gun. Please tell me why a leupold reflex would not be as good or better. please jump in BEFORE i spend $ on the wrong thing. i have done this before so this time i am asking 1st. ps i have NOT used 1 or the other. thanks john longrifle@frontier.com
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

The long tube does three things. The first thing it does is protect the lens from the rain. The second thing it does is keep direct sunlight off the lens. The third thing it does is make the dot appear more stable. There is a forth thing it can do. which is add weight to the end of the gun and help dampen recoil, which is helpful with the 45.
If you never shoot outdoors, and only shoot 22, the Leopard reflex should be fine.
22eley

Post by 22eley »

Isabel1130 wrote:The long tube does three things. The first thing it does is protect the lens from the rain. The second thing it does is keep direct sunlight off the lens. The third thing it does is make the dot appear more stable. There is a forth thing it can do. which is add weight to the end of the gun and help dampen recoil, which is helpful with the 45.
If you never shoot outdoors, and only shoot 22, the Leopard reflex should be fine.
HI thanks our indoor range burnt down and now we will shoot out doors and we are going to try some 22lr Steel shooting also this summer ( should be more fun that paper) and we see on tv a LOT of those guns have what appears to be a holographic type sight and all that steel shooting is outdoors. what do you think? and it looks lot a lot of them have the C- MORE types of sight thanks john
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

22eley wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:The long tube does three things. The first thing it does is protect the lens from the rain. The second thing it does is keep direct sunlight off the lens. The third thing it does is make the dot appear more stable. There is a forth thing it can do. which is add weight to the end of the gun and help dampen recoil, which is helpful with the 45.
HI thanks our indoor range burnt down and now we will shoot out doors and we are going to try some 22lr Steel shooting also this summer ( should be more fun that paper) and we see on tv a LOT of those guns have what appears to be a holographic type sight and all that steel shooting is outdoors. what do you think? and it looks lot a lot of them have the C- MORE types of sight thanks john
One of the differences between steel shooting and bullseye is that most bullseye shooters want to be able to change their sights a few clicks on the line. Precision at 50 yards very important. Steel shooters shoot at big targets a lot closer to them. making sight adjustments quickly and easily on the line is not that importent to them. it is probably also important for steel shooters to have a very open field of view since they are shooting multiple targets. In bullseye that open view can be a distraction.
22eley

Post by 22eley »

Isabel1130 wrote:
22eley wrote:
One of the differences between steel shooting and bullseye is that most bullseye shooters want to be able to change their sights a few clicks on the line. Precision at 50 yards very important. Steel shooters shoot at big targets a lot closer to them. making sight adjustments quickly and easily on the line is not that importent to them. it is probably also important for steel shooters to have a very open field of view since they are shooting multiple targets. In bullseye that open view can be a distraction.
HI thanks your right they will be no need to change for diff ranges, so what would you use a Leupold, Burris or a C-More for the steel targets? thanks john
mr alexander

DeltaPoint Reflex Sight?

Post by mr alexander »

One thing to consider when thinking about acquiring a sight of this type. They feature a dot that will automatically adjust it's brightness to the ambient light conditions! Sounds great, doesn't it? The problem is that you are not able to change the dot's brightness for YOUR preference. Shooting indoors on a rather dimly lit range? Sorry, you can't make the dot brighter-what you see is what you get. Shooting outdoors on a cloudy day
or on a bright day? Hope you find the dot's brightness acceptable because, as before, it can not be adjusted. I use an UltraDot 1" diameter sight with the fixed 4 MOA dot. This sight has 11 brightness settings, which I find to be a very helpful and desireable feature. I could be wrong about this, but I think most sights like the DeltaPoint do not offer this option. Something to consider when choosing a sight!
22eley

Re: DeltaPoint Reflex Sight?

Post by 22eley »

mr alexander wrote:One thing to consider when thinking about acquiring a sight of this type. They feature a dot that will automatically adjust it's brightness to the ambient light conditions! Sounds great, doesn't it? The problem is that you are not able to change the dot's brightness for YOUR preference. Shooting indoors on a rather dimly lit range? Sorry, you can't make the dot brighter-what you see is what you get. Shooting outdoors on a cloudy day
or on a bright day? Hope you find the dot's brightness acceptable because, as before, it can not be adjusted. I use an UltraDot 1" diameter sight with the fixed 4 MOA dot. This sight has 11 brightness settings, which I find to be a very helpful and desireable feature. I could be wrong about this, but I think most sights like the DeltaPoint do not offer this option. Something to consider when choosing a sight!
HI i did NOT think of that at all and Leupold wants a bunch for this sight, thats why i posted first insted of what i do Most of the time is buy. i THANK you for your help! john