browning buckmark

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

birdwatcher

browning buckmark

Post by birdwatcher »

hi all i am starting to get more serious into target shooting both rifle and pistol. eventually i would like a smith 41 or a walther but 3 kids on a army income money can be tight. but what are the opinions of the browning buckmark acuracy reliablity etc i know the older belgian medalists where realy good but those are hard to find. which model of the current browning line up would be best ? and some good links on target grips sights etc or any aftermaket stuff this would be for bullseye shooting.

thanks again
Neil
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Last edited by m1963 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birdwatcher

Post by birdwatcher »

thanks for the link it will be a fun little project, anyonhe else have any good links for aftermarket parts for these guns ?
Misny

Post by Misny »

Browning used to catalog a model with a scope rail and trigger with adjustable trigger stop. I believe it was the "Target" model with 5 1/2" barrel. It was a good gun, but I don't think the current models would really make that good of a starter bullseye gun.
birdwatcher

Post by birdwatcher »

i figure this model with a set of those nil target grips and a triger upgrade would make a fine afordable starter. i had a hamerli xese pistol with to much plastic in it i sold it and am going to build this browning

here is the link
http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... x-firearms
m1963

Post by m1963 »

The Nils grips will only fit on the original style frame. The Contour has a URX frame.
Last edited by m1963 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bachekermooni

Post by bachekermooni »

I just posted this on the Neos thread:
Buy a Buck Mark Camper (standard NOT URX grip) with Weigand base (or get the Buck Mark Hunter), choose your favorite red dot (Hawke makes a nice cheap one which comes with weaver rings - around $50 shipped). Put a strip of skateboading tape (sandpaper on one side, sticky on the other) in the front and rear of the grip. Total investment < $450. Shoot CCI SV in it - 25 yard 5-shot groups off of bags around 0.7". Practice, practice, practice. If you did not like BE shooting, use the gun for plinking / squirls. If you liked it, get it accurized with trigger work at Heffron Firearm Classics (<$200 shipping included) groups around 0.35" trigger crisp at 2.2 lbs. Like it even more? Spend money on grips. Remember, have fun.

Just my $0.02
networkguy3

Buckmark grips

Post by networkguy3 »

You do have to be careful which Buckmark you purchase if you want to get aftermarket grips for it. Generally the standard models like the field, target, and hunter are the ones with aftermarket grips. Many of the new models do not.
NicverAZ

Re: Buckmark grips

Post by NicverAZ »

networkguy3 wrote:You do have to be careful which Buckmark you purchase if you want to get aftermarket grips for it. Generally the standard models like the field, target, and hunter are the ones with aftermarket grips. Many of the new models do not.
I got 1911 grips adapters for my standard BM from a fellow named Rusty22 on rimfirecentral.com.

This opens a new world of possibilities, including the Herret National grips.

It also allows us consistency when switching from your 22 to your 1911.

Of course, going 1911 for the 3 categories, with a 22 chambered slide could be another solution.