Points System

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Orion

Points System

Post by Orion »

Here's a naive question..

30 points to distinguished. Does that constitute both NRA points and CMP EIC points?

Can I use my points that I earn at Perry (NRA) with points I earn locally at EIC matches?

Thanks.
Slo cat

Post by Slo cat »

NRA and CMP points are two different animals.

NRA award points are certificate awards that can be used in paying match entrance fees. Many vendors on commercial row at Camp Perry accept these as cash.

CPM points are accumulated in your name on their records. These will result in their issuance of the Distinguished Pistol (or Rifle) awards when 30 are accumulated (plus other conditions).

Good luck in your hunt for your Distinguished award.

Best Regards,
Slo cat
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

OK. This is an easy issue to get confused on.

Only the CMP runs distinguished service pistol matches. The ones at Perry are also run by the CMP. You need to sign up for the national matches run by the CMP on the CMP web site.

Points at local matches will count as long as they are CMP sanctioned matches, and they get enough non distinguished shooters to award a LEG.
Slow fire at a LEG match must be shot a 50 yards so you won[t find many indoor LEG matches.
You need 30 points to get distinguished but 5 six point LEGs won't do it. At least one of them needs to be an 8 point LEG.
If you are not already distinguished you are limited to shooting three LEG matches a year or four if you shoot the LEG match at Perry.

Now the NRA has a distinguished revolver program with its own rules but there is no connection to the distinguished shooter program that is run by the CMP.

http://odcmp.com/NM.htm
Orion

Post by Orion »

Isabel1130 wrote: At least one of them needs to be an 8 point LEG.
Roger. This is how my initial question arose. I cant recall seeing anything more than 6 points awarded at CMP matches..

Thanks.
GOVTMODEL

Re: Points System

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Orion wrote:Here's a naive question..

30 points to distinguished. Does that constitute both NRA points and CMP EIC points?

Can I use my points that I earn at Perry (NRA) with points I earn locally at EIC matches?

Thanks.
If you are a military shooter, refer to your service policy for the Distinguished Pistol Shot award. The Services each have separate programs with unique requirements. (Your avatar indicates you may be a military shooter.)
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Orion wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote: At least one of them needs to be an 8 point LEG.
Roger. This is how my initial question arose. I cant recall seeing anything more than 6 points awarded at CMP matches..

Thanks.

This policy is intended to get people to go and compete at the big matches and actually beat someone who can shoot. I think the CMP decided that it was not fair for someone to become distinguished who got their points by shooting weak local matches where you can occasionally get LEG points by shooting in the 220's.
There a a few matches around the country where you will see ten point LEGs awarded. At Perry, all LEGs are ten points.
I agree with Govmodel in that all services may have different criteria for distinguished. They certainly have different policies about what can be worn on your uniform. Isabel
C. Perkins

EIC points system

Post by C. Perkins »

# of eligible non-distinguished competitors

1-5= 0 legs
6-15= 1 6pt. leg
16-25= 1 8pt. leg and 1 6pt. leg
26-35= 1 8pt. leg and 2 6pt. legs
36-45= 1 10pt. leg and 1 8pt. leg and 2 6pt. legs

etc...

You need to attain 30 pts. with at least an 8 or 10 pt. leg to earn the distinguished badge.

I personally have 30 pts. (5 6pt. legs)
I shoot a Dave Salyer built 92 FS
275-8x
269-6x
259-2x
276-6x
269-7x

I really want to go to Perry or a large shoot, but really cannot afford it at this time.
I am one of those guys that will probably have a hundred points, but no badge LOL.

Clarence Perkins
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Clarence. You probably are going to get a little asterik by your name for every match you shoot from now on that only has a 6 point LEG, indicating that you are not eligible for the points. We have a guy in Colorado in the same boat but his scores are not nearly as impreesive as yours. Good seeing you at the regional. Your LEG scores at Desert Midwinter and Bob Throne's are one of the reasons, I don't bother to shoot the LEG match there. I stand a better chance at Canton and Perry. :-)
C. Perkins

trying to put 2 and 2 together

Post by C. Perkins »

are you Kate ?

Clarence

Good shooting at the regional.
Orion

Re: Points System

Post by Orion »

If you are a military shooter, refer to your service policy for the Distinguished Pistol Shot award. The Services each have separate programs with unique requirements. (Your avatar indicates you may be a military shooter.)[/quote]

Correcto! The USAF issues badges based on 4, 10, 20, and 30 points being distinguished. I'll be looking for those 8 point matches.

Thanks.
M1Jeff

Post by M1Jeff »

For those who might not have seen it as this is primarily a rifle shooting event, the CMP Eastern and Western Games/Creedmoor Cup matches now include pistol events. There are clinics and "as-issued" pistol matches, as well as a pistol EIC match.

I see that the original poster is from NC, and another is from AZ, and those are the states where the two games matches are held.

Hope that helps those of you in search of the hard legs.

Jeff
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Jeff;

Thanks for the heads up.
I always thought of it as a rifle only shoot.
Did they just start the pistol side of it this year ?

Thanks;

Clarence
M1Jeff

Post by M1Jeff »

It started in 2009 at the Eastern Games as kind of an experiment, if I remember correctly. It is growing in popularity.

It is listed in the flyer for the Western Games this year.