Now for the really "new to modern bullseye" questi

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

DukeShooter

Now for the really "new to modern bullseye" questi

Post by DukeShooter »

Hi,

I'm contemplating getting back into bullseye in a medium big way. But things have gotten very confused for this soon to be Senior Shooter.

I used to understand bullseye to be .22rf & Centerfire (1911 .45s) in the US I was looking at a match listing for USA Shooting's latest match and found rapid fire to be .22LR where as I understand it Olympic is .22Short. What gives there US bucking international?

I'm asking because I have an option on a Pardini in .22Short. I have a 1911 and am thinking about a Pardini .32 and want to make sure what I buy in a .22 will be legal.

Are the .22Short rapid fire pistols useless to have for US matches?

The Duke
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yes, the .22 short is useless for all matches. Olympic Rapid Fire is shot with .22 LR.

USA Shooting is the governing body (in the U.S.) for Olympic (International) shooting. It is NOT the NRA three gun 2700 matches (.22, CF, .45) that are shot in the U.S.

Your .32 would be perfect for International (Olympic) Center Fire. Use a .45 for the U.S. CF and .45 matches.

As you can see, we are talking two entirely different games here.
DukeShooter

Post by DukeShooter »

Thanks for the info, my experience is quite dated. Now for the next basic question, I obviously have been looking at Larrys guns and the online gun auctions. Other than matches where else are good used bullseye guns available like the Pardini? I'm on a tight budget obviously

The Duke
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't know where you live, but here in Arizona it is no trouble at all to pick up a match gun at our pistol matches. You could attend a couple of matches in your neighborhood and see what's available or make some contacts.

You could try the Classifieds here. Advertise for what you want (need).
clark2245

Post by clark2245 »

DukeShooter wrote:Thanks for the info, my experience is quite dated. Now for the next basic question, I obviously have been looking at Larrys guns and the online gun auctions. Other than matches where else are good used bullseye guns available like the Pardini? I'm on a tight budget obviously

The Duke
Another good place for info and possible good buys on bullseye equipment, and the sport in general, is the Bullseye-L list. You can subscribe at http://lists.lava.net/mailman/listinfo/bullseye-l . It is an email based list with around a thousand bullseye shooters on it and you will get more advice than you might want and there are often those with a gun they are willing to sell or who know where to find one.

Another possibility for the 22 is a Marvel conversion. If you have a 1911 you can just swap the slide out between 22 and 45 and use the same grip and trigger for both guns. Less transition between the guns that way. One point is a full length guide rod in the 1911 makes the swap much easier.

Clark