High Standard Supermatic Military Citation

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jaxshooter

High Standard Supermatic Military Citation

Post by jaxshooter »

I am having feed problems with my Citation. The rounds are nosing into the frame and not riding up into the chamber. I have 7 magazines and it does it with all of them. I need a good High Standard gunsmith.

Thanks in advance for your help.
hill987

h s

Post by hill987 »

Hi,. the clips need adjusted the lips are out to far. Are you using factory or aftermarket, because aftermarket will do it all the time.. factory clips not so bad, but need adjusted sometimes. good luck
PFribley

PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Tried different ammo?? My friends was doing that using CCI sv ammo. Switched to Walmart Federal 525 36gr ammo. Worked perfectly. The CCI sv rounds seem to be longer the most other ammo. We measured them. Also post your question on Rimfire central. A whole host of HS fans there.
jaxshooter

Ammo

Post by jaxshooter »

Will check feed lips on magazines. Does anyone know what the dimensions should be? Will also try different ammo. All I have is CCI SV that I shoot in my Model 41s.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Art

Post by Art »

Here's info on magazine lip adjustments from the current HS maker:

http://www.highstandard.com/

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

Congratulations on your purchase of a new High Standard pistol or replacement magazine.

The High Standard magazine that is manufactured today is essentially the same in dimension and specification as all High Standard magazines that have ever been produced. The only basic changes that have been incorporated in todays magazine simply provide for changes that have occurred in .22 Long Rifle Target Ammunition.

Several things should be noted with new High Standard magazines:

1. Older frames in the Model 106, Model 107, ML Series, and SH Series could have a radius in the top rear of the magazine slot. The magazines produced today could stop 1/4 in. short of locking into these frames due to this radius. To correct this, the radius must be removed from the frame by machining.

2. All magazines are gauged to be under .360 wide. However, if you receive a magazine that is wider than .360., you can easily correct this with the use of a dial caliper and a pair of pliers or vise grips.

3. Magazine feeding is very sensitive to the particular ammunition that is being used. Due to the wide variance in ammunition specifications, the width of the magazines feed lips must be adjusted for the particular target ammunition to be used to obtain maximum reliability. The basic dimensions should be .230 wide for the rear of the front lips and .185 wide for the front of the rear lips. The front and rear lips should also be kept parallel.

4. Magazines should always be kept clean and well oiled.

NOTE: 1. The .230 dimension is fairly constant for all ammunition. The .185 dimension should be increased if the bullets are feeding too low, and it should be decreased if the bullets are feeding too high. This adjustment can be accomplished with tools like needle nose pliers. You can also make your own tool with a piece of 1/4 in.1/2 in. flat stock by sawing a slot in the end. 2. Due to the overall length of some 22LR match ammunition, it will be impossible to get it to feed ten (10) rounds properly.

CAUTION: 1. The magazine lips are heat-treated and will break if they are bent too much at one time. 2. Magazine feed lips may drag on slide feed rail if decreased in width too much.

If you have any problems or concerns about adjusting your magazine, please seek the assistance of a qualified gunsmith in your area.

GOOD SHOOTING!

© 2010 High Standard Manufacturing Co., Inc.

Email:
General Product Information: info@highstandard.com
Sales: sales@highstandard.com
Repairs and Service: repairs-service@highstandard.com
jackh

Post by jackh »

Something I wrote a long time ago:

Mags that work for me, always, are set .182-.187 at he front of the rear lips. Body width is .360. Front lips are set to drag slightly on the round and parallel. Most important is the distance back that the rim release point is from the barrel. Most 22 ammo is .790 long or less from the bottom to the front of the drive band. Some ammo is shorter in this measure. Some drive band shoulders are sharper than others. Eley Tenex semi-Auto has a very smooth transition at the drive band. The rear lips must be back far enough to let the rim go before the drive band drags across the bottom edge of the chamber. This is the same reason the lower chamber edge needs to be relieved very very slightly, so it will not snag the drive band, and so it is sort of a continuation of the ramp in the frame. The set back of the rear lips that works for any ammo I give it is .790-.805. Also very important is the extractor catch. Jack H