Custom grips. adjustable plalm shelf or not?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Kirmdog

Custom grips. adjustable plalm shelf or not?

Post by Kirmdog »

I had the pleasure this last weekend to try out a pair of Herrett's Target grips on my S&W 41 and although they were not made for me I found that when dryfiring the dot on my red dot did not move at all compaired to some slight movement with the stock grips.
I'm looking at purchasing some custom grips and was wondering about the Fung grips with an adjustable palm shelf or similar grips with adjustments. Is there an advantage to having this adjustable palm shelf? I really liked the Herrett's but would like to know the pro's and con's of a fixed grip vs one with adjustable plam shelf? Prices are close to the same so that would not be a deciding factor. I love my 41 but hate the stock grips and would like to do something soon to replace them them so that my large hands will fit better.

Kirmdog
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Adjustable shelf is most useful to adjust the grip to changing hand size with the weather. For similar price, get the adjustable.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The adjustable grips can also alter the ANGLE of the pistol in your grip.
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

I have a set of Fung grips for my Ruger Mk II. I got them back in 91 or 92, when he was fairly new in the business.

I sent him a photo copy of my hand and he made the grips from that. Amazing. Nothing needed to be adjusted on mine but I know that some need to be tweaked.

I like the adjustable shelf because it allows me to clamp the gun to my hand and as my hand size waxes and wanes with the weather, I can adjust it easily.
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Definitely go with the adjustable shelf... hand size varies with the weather and such. I had mine made by Dick Horton... he did a wonderful job.