Mounting position for Match-Dot

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

GaryDZ

Mounting position for Match-Dot

Post by GaryDZ »

Hi. New to forum. I am getting back into target shooting after a 20 year absence. I still had my High Standard Supermatic Tournament with iron sights and have been shooting in a 50 ft. gallery match indoor league. I just purchased a new barrel with holes drilled for a mounting rail (would never want to drill the original barrel!), a mounting rail and a Match-Dot. I have two questions:

1. I can mount the Match-Dot as far back as it will go which puts it's center roughly over the pivot point of the trigger, or I can place it forward of that position by up to 1 inch. I don't know where it should go.

2. The mounting rail interferes with the adjustable rear sight by about 1/16". Is it a common practice to remove the sight or file down the rail? (If I mount the Match-Dot far back I will have to remove the sight.)

This looks like a great forum. I am looking forward to participating. Thanks in advance!
jackh

Post by jackh »

File the mount to clear the sight. Position the dot where you feel the best weight distribution. Wrist movement will show more the more the scope is ahead of the wrist pivot. Some would say this is a good thing.