Sponsors at National Jr.Olympic events?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jak11

Sponsors at National Jr.Olympic events?

Post by jak11 »

Im looking into getting sponsors for funding such things as a new pistol and travel, does anyone know if this is technicaly "legal"? I dont see why it wouldnt be.

Post by Guest »

I would check with the USA shooting folks. They will know for sure what the rules are that govern juniors. Kate
randy1952

Re: Sponsors at National Jr.Olympic events?

Post by randy1952 »

jak11 wrote:Im looking into getting sponsors for funding such things as a new pistol and travel, does anyone know if this is technicaly "legal"? I dont see why it wouldnt be.
Are you talking about sponsoring a local shooter or becoming a sponsor to USA Shooting?

If you are talking about sponsoring a local shooter or club you can talk to a local tax accountant. There are to many varieties of state tax codes to deal with in in this forum. If you are talking about being a sponsor to USA Shooting then you can talk to Buddy DuVall at USA Shooting about being a Sponsor. He will tell you what you need to do.

Post by Guest »

Randy,

I think you read the question wrong. It seems to me he is looking for someone to sponsor his team.
Quest1

Correction

Post by Quest1 »

Anonymous wrote:Randy,

I think you read the question wrong. It seems to me he is looking for someone to sponsor his team.
Your correct, but the best thing he could still do is check with a tax accountant. There are states like New York and California that are taxing everything to keep their spending abilities up. Gun Clubs in Idaho have to be careful about how they collect money as the state tax collector was looking at auditing the clubs to collect past taxes until the legislators stepped in. The tax collector wanted to throw a blanket on all the clubs whether they were non-profit or profit.

I would think if he could get involved with a non-profit organization like 4H or Boy Scouts it would be easier to attract a sponsor for a number of reasons. Getting a sponsor will also be easier if the donations are tax deductible and even then some states may limit amount and how the donations are collected. For example, if a non-profit in our state asks for a donation they are no taxes involved as long as you don't specify an amount.
Spencer

Re: Sponsors at National Jr.Olympic events?

Post by Spencer »

jak11 wrote:Im looking into getting sponsors for funding such things as a new pistol and travel, does anyone know if this is technicaly "legal"? I dont see why it wouldnt be.
seeing the question is about Jr OLYMPIC events...
Yes, however in the context of ISSF shooting events, I suggest:
1/ you read section 4 (ISSF Eligibility and Sponsorship Rules) and in particular 4.2 (SPONSORSHIPS AND ADVERTISING) of the ISSF rules (http://www.issf-shooting.org/default.as ... =10&inst=6) and
2/ check with your NF to find out their rules.