Quality Cast Bullets

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

john bickar

Quality Cast Bullets

Post by john bickar »

For those who are interested, Quality Cast Bullets, based in Ohio, now has a website:

http://www.qualitycastbullets.com/

I shoot their bullets, and am quite happy with them.*

-John Bickar

* I'll refrain from a more effusive endorsement, only because I have multiple conflicts of interest.
Chris

Post by Chris »

John,

How the heck are you?

What kind of test groups were you getting and what load were you using? I looked at the test targets they have posted and they do not look that good for 50 yds unless those are not from a rest then that is not that bad. The price for those are very good. I am looking for a good lead bullet to use for 50 yds. I am using Montana gold JHP 185gr currently and then the cheapest lead bullet for 25yd I can find.

Even with shipping that is the cheapest I have seen so far.

I was looking to buy some bullets from Zero bullets since I have been hearing good things about them. they have a SWHP that is supposed to be very good even at 50 yds. I have not tested them in my 45 yet. I hope to this year after I get my hands on a ransom rest.

Chris
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Hi Chris, long time no talky.

Those test targets are from my hand, offhand at 50 yards. I shoot the 200gr .45 bullets over 3.9gr of 452AA for 50 yards. I saved a couple of the better targets that I've shot in order to put them up on the website.

The website is pretty new - we'll be getting actual test targets (ones that are shot from something more stable than my narcoleptic-chimpanzee-on-meth hold) scanned and posted before too long. (I'm just the web guy. It's a small operation.)

I've been shooting their bullets for as long as they've been in business (6 or 7 years). Good stuff.

JB

Post by Guest »

John, what kind of load are you using for the 160g SWC's? and have you had any problems going back and forth between the two loads on the long line and the short line? I ask because I am currently using 4.8 g of titegroup over the Zero 185 JHP for the 50 yard line and I am using 4.0 of titegroup over a 180g SWC at the short line. I am achieving scores for the most part in the high 80's and low 90's for sustained fire but think with less recoil I could do even better. I have a frame mounted dot with a 14 pound spring and could probably go as low as 4.3 g of titegroup with the JHP and still have good accuracy at the 50 yard line. Thanks, Kate
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

Anonymous wrote:John, what kind of load are you using for the 160g SWC's? and have you had any problems going back and forth between the two loads on the long line and the short line? I ask because I am currently using 4.8 g of titegroup over the Zero 185 JHP for the 50 yard line and I am using 4.0 of titegroup over a 180g SWC at the short line. I am achieving scores for the most part in the high 80's and low 90's for sustained fire but think with less recoil I could do even better. I have a frame mounted dot with a 14 pound spring and could probably go as low as 4.3 g of titegroup with the JHP and still have good accuracy at the 50 yard line. Thanks, Kate
4.3gr of 452AA for the 160s at the short line.

Haven't had any problems switching between a long-line load and a short-line load in the (almost) 20 years I've been doing it :)