Gallery Match Slow-Fire Observation

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Just_Joe

Post by Just_Joe »

Well, this is called "competitive" shooting, so score is important. I also like to "compete" against myself. I have every target I have shot in the past year with notes on ammo used, scope setting/change, weather, distance, slow, timed, rapid and my general mood that day.

Yes I am about learning to make "the" shot. That learning includes trying new methods and equipment to acheive one's goal. I just thought it was intersting to find a thread with the same info that I was thinking (and tried) myself.

Conventinal pistol is all about discipline and being able to consistently perform the same routine to produce a perfect shot. Why do we want to make that perfect shot 10 times on each target......score, pride, bragging rights or maybe a national titile?

If the sight picture is there why not take the shot? Because it's not part of your shot plan? It seems your line about learning to make the shot is a bit dated and closed minded. There are people that spend large sums of money in attempts to improve their score. I have heard "buy every point you can" mentioned. I prefer to go with natural ability, training and trying new varations to improve myself, not buy points. My equipment is very modest and I am doing quite well with it, at least I think so and for me that's what matters.

Have a good day!
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Hang in there, Joe, you're on the right track!
Ben

Post by Guest »

"I have heard "buy every point you can" mentioned. I prefer to go with natural ability, training and trying new varations to improve myself, not buy points."

If there is a way to actually "buy points" I would love to hear it. In the end we all have to make the shot(s) with whatever equipment we chose to use. My philosophy is a bit different. Guns are a very nice investment that hold their value well. They are not like buying jewelry, junk food, or cars. As long as you can swing it why not buy the best equipment you can afford? For .22's there is not a lot of difference between a Ruger Mark III with a Volquartsen trigger job and a Hammerli 208s but when you get to a .45, there is a huge difference between a stock Colt Gold Cup and a gun built on a Caspian frame by a good pistol smith. I feel that shooting the best guns that I can afford takes one element out of the equation that I no longer have to worry about. Once you find the loads or that ammo that do best in your gun, it is all on you. No excuses.