Bill Hilden

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Sandy

Bill Hilden

Post by Sandy »

Bill Hilden passed away last Sunday.
It has been a sad month for all of us and everybody involved in pistol shooting with the loss of two greats, Bill Hilden and Don Nygord. They were two of the finest people that I have known and our sport will be diminished by their passing.
Sandy Santibanez
ruig

Post by ruig »

26th December'04 passed away man... Lew Wanstein. He was 89.
Olympics prize-winner, Honoured USSR Coach, Honoured Master of Sports, author of more than 30 books ("Sport shooting basics", "Psychology in sport shooting", "Arm - pistol" ... and more...).
Marc Orvin

Bill Hilden

Post by Marc Orvin »

Bill Hilden was a class act and a hard act to follow. His care and consideration for the competitors at 10 meters over the years established a wonderful standard for the future. Bill (and his sweet wife, Norene) spent untold hours working matches at Chino, Wolf Creek and Ft Benning and the competitors were the benificiaries of those efforts.

Bill taught me much about pistol shooting. He was a hard holder. He was generous and soft spoken and always had encouraging words to share.

It was fun to go to eat with him at a Mexican restaurant. He spoke fluent spanish and when you got some dinner in him he would start telling stories of his border patrol days. I could listen to him for hours.

I'm going to miss him at the ranges. Now that he won't be coming, I'll bet we won't be seeing Norene either. I'll miss her as well. My thoughts and prayers are with Norene and their children and grandchildren.

Via con Dios, Bill.