New member with questions on NW England clubs and pellets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Mike H

New member with questions on NW England clubs and pellets

Post by Mike H »

First post here, so please go easy on me :-) I've never shot target pistol before, having been shooting FT and HFT rifle. I've managed to get hold of a Matchguns MG1 and have no idea what pellets to use and where to get hold of them. Any ideas ?
Also, are there any readers who are members of clubs in my area with any club details/recommendations ? I'd like to get some tuition before I get into bad habits :-)
Thanks, Mike.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Mike, I think your best bet on both counts is to contact the National Small-bore Rifle Association at Bisley.

They should be able to put you in touch with a local club where you can get tuition and advice on local dealers.

You can also get a copy of their August Price List. You will find that either H&N Pistol Match or RWS R10 Match pellets will be more than adequate (they are both high class pellets) and at 1p per "phutt" they shouldn't break the bank.

Welcome to the sport.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Hi David, Thanks for that info. I will call them next time they're open.
Mike.
DaFont

CT Air Pistol and Bullseye Pistol

Post by DaFont »

A good reasource is Mo at Masterclass Sports in Brookfield CT (203) 775-1013. He speciallizes in target shooting and has a lot of air pistols and accessories. He would also be able to get you a steer to a local target club. There is an air pistol leauge in Connecticut. Our next match is in Manchester CT at MSI (Nike Park) off I395 (Exit 2 Keeny Street) on January 13 '05.
See You There
Aloha
DAF
David Levene

Re: CT Air Pistol and Bullseye Pistol

Post by David Levene »

DaFont wrote:A good reasource is Mo at Masterclass Sports in Brookfield CT (203) 775-1013. He speciallizes in target shooting and has a lot of air pistols and accessories. He would also be able to get you a steer to a local target club. There is an air pistol leauge in Connecticut. Our next match is in Manchester CT at MSI (Nike Park) off I395 (Exit 2 Keeny Street) on January 13 '05.
See You There
Aloha
DAF
That may be a bit far for this guy to travel, from NW England (as in North West as opposed to New). It was a nice thought though.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Mike,
If you hunt around on the NSRA site, you should be able to find a listing of local clubs but it may be hard to find. Other contacts are your local guns shops (yellow pages should be useful), or check out http://www.clstsa.org/ which is the County of Lancaster Shooting Association - which if not immediately close to your locality, has a good links page.

HTH,

Rob.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Sorry DaFont, I should of put UK really :-) Cheers Rob, I'll give that a try now.
Mike.