Where are the CO-2 10 m rifles

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Dan Hankins

Where are the CO-2 10 m rifles

Post by Dan Hankins »

I notice that I seldom see any comments or questions, where there is any reference to shooting 10 m CO-2 rifles.

We hear that there are soe bargains to be had, as the CO-2 rifles are no longer competitive with the PCP rifles being so better. I would not argue that point, as there are enough variables to lead to a long discussion of the advantages and disadvantages.

My question is where are the Steyr 91s, and the FWB C-60 and 62, and the Walthers. Was their popularity so sort lived that there are not many of them? Are they thought tot be worthless and discarded? Are they repairable? How about availability of parts and service?

I think that the Steyr 91 is a beautiful rifle.

Are these rifles being used in competition at some level?

I think that for indoor shooting that the CO-2 rifles might be an alternative to the ever popular and somewhat over priced FWB 300 series rifles that are enjoying a renewed popularity. Not for beauty, as that is in the eye of the beholder, but for an efficient and relatively cost efficient 10 m rifle.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Respectfully,
Bubba
WRC177

Post by WRC177 »

I've still got my Steyr CO2 91 and use it in competition. Practice last week yielded a 374/400 out of it - aided and abetted by stupid mind tricks on my part!

I think one reason for less interest in CO2 is that it does require some forethought before using. You can't top it off with a handpump if you've forgotten to tank up before using it. Compressed air leaves that wiggle room.

There's lots of good shooting equipment taking up space in peoples closets. Some must think that eventually they'll take the sport up again. I wouldn't mind getting some of that gear for junior (or even adult)programs.
Tom Monto

CO2

Post by Tom Monto »

I have a left handed C-60 for sale if anyone is interested.
Contact Riversideshoot@aol.com if interested.