Beginners Questions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Serge Storms

Beginners Questions

Post by Serge Storms »

It's been about 35 years since I made all the way to Bar 6 of the NRA's American Rifleman smallbore rifle qualification before program funding ran out. I've always missed the challenge of target shooting. Now that the kids are all grown and can drive themselves to hockey I'd like to get back into it.
Here are my questions. Since there is no nearby indoor range that I know of I've decided on 10m air rifle. With no club in my area can I compete in Postal Matches as an independent? How do I find coaching or someone to a least give me a few refresher tips? Doesn't Camp Perry offer anything for adults trainingwise I can't find anything. Is this site the best place to look for uses Anschutz or Walther olympic rifles, I've done a lot of searches and don't find much.
My location is south central Michigan, (Lansing area). Thanks.
P.S. - yes, I've searched this site for answers to all the above.
Don

Postal comps.

Post by Don »

Serge: I run a twice yearly air gun (r/p) postal league that is open to anyone, anywhere. I usually have around 100 or so from all over the world in the winter series. If you would like the flyer with all the details and dates, send me a mailing address to: bawilli@attglobal.net
Hope to see you aboard. Don in Oregon
Alec

Postal Comps

Post by Alec »

Don,

What are the requirements for entry to your postal competitions?

Alec Bourne

awbourne@yahoo.co.uk