adjusting vel of LP10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
416sw

adjusting vel of LP10

Post by 416sw »

I have read in other posts that it is possible to adjust the velocity of the Steyr LP10, there is nothing about this in the book that came with my lp10 how is the adjustment made?
Rustam Bana

Post by Rustam Bana »

1) Remove grip.

2) Loosen screw no. 10

3) Adjust velocity by turning screw no. 20 in very small increments. Clockwise increases, anti-clockwise decreases velocity. Tighten screw no. 10 before checking for velocity - everytime.

(Screw nos. 10 and 20 are indicated in the exploded diagram contained within the owner's manual.)

Rather than just increasing the velocity, you would benefit more by fine tuning the velocity for your particuar brand of pellet (this can even differ from batch to batch and not just brand to brand). To do this, put the pistol in a vice (see owner's manual) and check the groups as you gradually increase or decrease the velocity.

Rustam
MAS

Steyr LP 10 "tuning"

Post by MAS »

Hello, Mr. Bana.

We get the impression that you have tested the Steyr APs thoroughly. Can you please give us hints about these small problems:

1. How to tune the trigger of Lp10 / Lp1 to perfection. From the factory there is often some creep or softnes to the trigger just at let-off.

2. How to cure the uneven effect of the recoil-reducing device "aka absorber". This is a kind of sliding piston. The motion is uneven by some new Lp10s, causing vertical spread, because of variable muzzle lift. Any sugestions are welcome.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Like Rustam says its is easy to do but it is covered in the manual that comes with the gun. I adjusted mine a few months back but you do need to put it through a chrono and fire a few shots after each adjustment. Alsoit is only a very small turn to change velocity so do it in small increments. Once you've done that I'd suggest doing a test firing to check velocity and then check group sizes (I don't have access to a test bench so I couldn't test group, but the accuracy on shooting was fine).

As to trigger and recoil 'problems' I've never experienced either so wouldn't know where to go - other than a steyr service technician. I should add my trigger is roughly 250g 1st and 2nd so perhaps I wouldn't spot any 'trigger creep' or 'softness'.

Rob.
416sw

Post by 416sw »

Thanks will give it a try
Rustam Bana

Re: Steyr LP 10 "tuning"

Post by Rustam Bana »

Hello MAS,

My experiece with the LP10P is confined to only those things that need adjusting.

Whilst I have had to readjust the trigger weight twice in the past 17 months, I have never faced a problem with the absorber. So, I am afraid I cannot help you with that. Steyr or our host, who is an authorised service agent, are better placed to help you.

As for trigger creep, if you want to remove any movement after the shot, then please adjust the trigger stop screw. See page 37 of the owner's manual.

However, I get the impression that this is not your complaint. Are you getting a slight creep during the second stage? If it's an old and often used pistol, it is possible that the sear edges have worn off (radiused). You either live with this creep or have the parts (56.1 & 57) replaced.

If it's a new pistol, then I suspect that the sear adjustment screw has been adjusted even though this is expressly forbidden in the manual. Have you tried bringing it back to its original setting?

I'm sorry for these vague answers but it's the best I can do considering my limited knowledge of the subject.

Rustam