From 162EI to 162MI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mcmoura

From 162EI to 162MI

Post by mcmoura »

Is that a way/kit to change a Morini CM162EI (electronic) to work mechanical as a 162MI? Did anyone already do that? Was it good? How much would it cost?
Thanks in advance for answers.

Morini

Post by guest »

No, regretably there is no kit available to convert the 162 EI to 162 MI.
But I have to congratulate you. You are one of those who have seen the light: There are hardly any benefits from an electronic trigger. Probably more drawbacks.
The mechanical version does not bring you any battery problems. The grip is slimmer and more adjustable. And by the electronic version your hand is positioned about 0.35 " or more than 8 mm lower relative to the bore axis. That is definitelly not an advantage.
A mechanical trigger will give you a better and more distinct "feel" of the let-off.
An electronic trigger does hardly make anybody shoot any better.

Sooner or later any electronic version of the M162 will, and does give problems. Always. Maybe not the first 2 years, maybe not the 4 first years. But then, without warning, it will. More of my shooting pals have experiences this.
Avoid problems: go mechanic! Electronic triggers are sales-gimmicks. Don´t be had!
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I think you'll find 99% of morini owners would vehemently disagree with you. One of the major pluses of the EI is the electronic trigger which is crisper than the manual equivalent. I don't shoot one but looking down the firing line in competitions I have seen zero manual 162's and probably 30 or 40% of the UK shooters are shooting morini's 162EI's. I think that tells a different story to the previous posters comments.

Rob.
Francesco

Information about electronic trigger

Post by Francesco »

Only to give out some information that normally are not given (sometimes it is necessary). We started 1985 with electronic trigger on the standard pistol CM 102E, air pistol Morini-Air Match 800 and CO2 air pistol Morini-Air Match 1000. For this 3 guns we made 2000 Electronic prints, then we started 1992 with the CM 162E and the CM 84E. For this 2 guns we have produced till now over 20000 electronic prints. From all this prints I have in my office (Scott saw the bag at the right of my desk) a bag of 55 pieces of not working electronics with 15V batteries. Most of them had condensator problems. They brake down because the condensator is the most critical part of the electronic print. I gave 2 weeks ago the bag to a friend and he replaced me the condensators so that now I have old electronics for replacement of the guns that eventually are going to have problems. I did this because I want to give a service for replacement on guns that could have been sold in 1992 (12 years ago). If I think how many other factories, that produce only mechanical triggers, says to clients only 5 years after they buy the gun " ... sorry we don't have parts anymore you have to change the gun. ", I must be satisfacted with our job. Sometimes we have to replace the microswitch because it warned out (but this happens to mecanical triggers too).
As you sad "Sooner or later any electronic version of the M162 will, and does give problems. Always. Maybe not the first 2 years, maybe not the 4 first years. But then, without warning, it will. More of my shooting pals have experiences this." but we will have the part for replace other manufacturer not (try to get spare parts for Hämmerli 208, Hämmerli 162 or 160, TOZ 35, SAM M10, etc..)

to Robbstubbs

Post by guest »

To Robbstubbs:

I have used a M 162 Electronic for about 3 years. I now use a M162 Mechanical. I prefer the latter. I have traded off the M162 E, and have no regrets about that.
I, and my pals shoot a lot, each probably about 25.000 pellets pr year (a case), and compete in more countries.
99 % is a very high percentage, Robbstubbs. You said that the electronic trigger have a "crisper trigger than the mechanical counterpart". I disagree. And how do you now about that when you, according to yourself, are not shooting one?

With the good (or even superb) mechanical trigger of the 162 M there is little need for an electronic one. (I am flattering you a bit here Fransesco).
Francesco

To guest

Post by Francesco »

No problem, I am partecipating this forum to explain my opinion. I am not critising other opinions or ideas.
mcmoura

Post by mcmoura »

First of all, I wasn't complaining about 162EI when I posted this topic. I'm using this fantastic and quite reliable gun. I've never tried a 162MI, but I'm curious about trigger smoothless and grip adjustment (better or worse 162EI?).
Finally, I'm glad to hear from Mr Francesco that if I have any problem with the electronic device in the future Morini will have the part for replace. That sound good.
stale

Morini CM162MI

Post by stale »

I have been using this pistol since introduced.
It has been reliable, and has one of the best mechanical trigger I ever tried. It is not far away from the electronic. But it gives You the opportunity to vary the grip angel. The grip is a bit slimmer.(good for short fingers, like myself)
All my friends has been very happy with their Morini's.
If there has been any problem Fransesco & co. has been very helpful.
(3 occasions) 2 of them due to leakage in their 11 Years old Morini CM162e. (That means they worked flawless 11 years.)
stale
RobStubbs

Re: to Robbstubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

guest wrote:To Robbstubbs:

I have used a M 162 Electronic for about 3 years. I now use a M162 Mechanical. I prefer the latter. I have traded off the M162 E, and have no regrets about that.
I, and my pals shoot a lot, each probably about 25.000 pellets pr year (a case), and compete in more countries.
99 % is a very high percentage, Robbstubbs. You said that the electronic trigger have a "crisper trigger than the mechanical counterpart". I disagree. And how do you now about that when you, according to yourself, are not shooting one?

With the good (or even superb) mechanical trigger of the 162 M there is little need for an electronic one. (I am flattering you a bit here Fransesco).
Guest,
I clearly stated that I hadn't used them but I do talk to a lot of other competitors who do use them. Many of them used to shoot the Steyr LP10 (or LP1) and all of those people rate the electronic trigger very highly. If you track through threads here and elswhere you will see that the general concensus is that the morini has the best trigger whilst people seem to favoutr other aspects of the Steyr.

I am sure Francesco could point you in the direction of figures showing which models people favour and what the top international shooters use. That will show you the weight of user opinion which I suspect will show an overwhelming preference for the electronic over the manual trigger. And of course if it wasn't a better trigger then people would would stop buying them and morini would stop making them.....

Rob.