What about the DRULOV DU-10?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Luis Pacheco

What about the DRULOV DU-10?

Post by Luis Pacheco »

I know it is much cheaper then the Steyr/FWB 5 shoot air pistols, so it must have a lower quality trigger etc. Is it good for standart and rapid fire practice, or just a waist of money?

Your experiences please.

Thank you,

Luis Pacheco
colinh

Post by colinh »

I have both the LP5 and DU-10. DU-10 is a fun gun to have. It is good for backyard plinking and inline loading give me a nice feeling of a true pistol. It is a very simple gun without many moving parts.

The LP5 has a much better trigger, but a bit more difficult to load. You will get better score with the LP5. In conclusion, the LP5 is the one for airgun cometition, and the DU-10 is the fun gun to have. Both guns are accurate enough for the beginners.

Colin
mitty

Post by mitty »

I have also owned both guns. There is no comparison. The DU-10 has a terrible trigger and a not-very-good gas system. Althought it is more than a shoddy toy, if you put it next to an LP-5, that's what it looks like. Buy and shoot it for fun. Practice serious shooting with a serious gun.
3d

Post by 3d »

The DU-10's best feature is that it feels,functions and points like a high quality target SP and not an AP. Mine had a trigger that was unpredictable. It seems that you never knew where the sear was going to break. If you fired your shots within a few seconds of each other, the velocity dropped. The seals deteriorated within a year causing the gas to vent out. Too bad, because it's a pistol with a tremendous amount of potential as a serious SP/Bullesye trainer. It could fill a niche between the highly accurate Target AP derivatives like the C55/LP5x/Aeron b96 and the long gone plinker semi's like the Crossman 600. If the old board archive is still available, I recall one board member (George Anderson? I think) posted quite a bit on his attempts to improve the DU-10 with some success, so improvement is possible.