TOZ 35 question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
TomF

TOZ 35 question

Post by TomF »

Does anyone have a copy of a TOZ-35 parts diagram and assembly instructions in english?

Does anyone know of a good TOZ-35 website or resource?

Thanks!
Rob

Post by Rob »

I bought mine from Don Nygord years ago, so thats who I would call for parts or service.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Here's a link that partially answers it.

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/sptoz35.htm

It only has the trigger group area.
Is there any particular problem you're having? Perhaps if you told us, some of us could help.
Last edited by sparky on Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomF

Post by TomF »

No problem. I just bought a good used one and the papers that came with it are not in english.

Went out and shot 400 rounds this morning and it works great. Still have not narrowed the ammo down yet, but the TOZ (not me) shows lots of promise.

Thanks!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Sorry Sparky, I consider Don Nygord a resorce for parts and advice. I did'nt mean to offend or make anyone upset... sincerly.Rob
dflast

Post by dflast »

My TOZ recently received from Nygord came with (apparently a miracle!) an English-language handbook. I have run off copies with pages enlarged to 8 1/2 x 11, and will be happy to snail-mail one to you if you'll forward an address off-list.

-David
TomF

Post by TomF »

Thanks dflast. See email.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Rob wrote:Sorry Sparky, I consider Don Nygord a resorce for parts and advice. I did'nt mean to offend or make anyone upset... sincerly.Rob
Sorry for jumping on your case. I guess I sort of overreacted.
Godsfear

Why TOZ?

Post by Godsfear »

The TOZ was probably a good choice back then in the 60s, 70s, 80s early 90s.
But there are now many other well made pistols to shoose from. Steyr, Morini, Pardini, SAM, Haemmerli and MG. So then why bother with an obsolete lump of shooting iron? With instructions written in russian. And hard to get (or unaquirable) spare parts?
I just do not get the point.
Yes, I am aware of the fact that the TOZ 35 has won its share of competitions.

But let me put it this way: Could a Formula 1 car race of today be won with the F1 models from the 70s? Even if that model won most races back then? The answer i no. No matter how good the driver is.

Leave the TOZ 35 to the museums.
Shin
Site Admin

Re: Why TOZ?

Post by Shin »

Godsfear wrote:The TOZ was probably a good choice back then in the 60s, 70s, 80s early 90s.
But there are now many other well made pistols to shoose from. Steyr, Morini, Pardini, SAM, Haemmerli and MG. So then why bother with an obsolete lump of shooting iron? With instructions written in russian. And hard to get (or unaquirable) spare parts?
I just do not get the point.
Yes, I am aware of the fact that the TOZ 35 has won its share of competitions.

But let me put it this way: Could a Formula 1 car race of today be won with the F1 models from the 70s? Even if that model won most races back then? The answer i no. No matter how good the driver is.

Leave the TOZ 35 to the museums.
I think Martin Tenk doesn't know about this... Pure guy...
http://issfnews.com/default.asp?file=articles&id=448
zoned

Re: Why TOZ?

Post by zoned »

Godsfear wrote:The TOZ was probably a good choice back then in the 60s, 70s, 80s early 90s. But there are now many other well made pistols to shoose from.... So then why bother with an obsolete lump of shooting iron?.....Leave the TOZ 35 to the museums.
So, you are saying that the latest Free Pistols make it easier to shoot good scores. Therefore, the TOZ must require more skill to shoot accurately.
Tom F

Post by Tom F »

Godsfear,

Why not TOZ?

Just because it functions the same and shoots as good or better than a new Morinisteyrhammerli is no reason to not buy one.

Maybe you dont like it because it costs less?
Godsfear

TOZ 35 /Martin Tenk

Post by Godsfear »

To "Shin":

Yes, Martin has tried different makes of free pistols during his career. I was not aware that he is using a TOZ for the time being.
Last time I saw him was at the World Championships in 2002 in Lahti in Finland. I was standing at some distance away from him though, but his free pistol looked like a modified MC-55 (or MU-55 as some say in the US) to me.

Hope that someone can clears up this matter. If I am wrong, I will of course appologize.

Godsfear.

(Hold that hand steady folks, squeeze evenly, and no flinching!)
Godsfear (again)

Shin/Martin Tenk/TOZ-35 og MU-55

Post by Godsfear (again) »

I clicked onto the ISSFNEWS route in your post, "Shin". What appeared was a picture of Mr. Tenk, among outhers. But I was not able to find any written information about which gun he uses in the articles linked to that page.

The lower pisture of that ISSF-page shows the Morini M84 of the Chinese competitor. But no TOZ 35 was to be seen. Can you help me further here, "Shin"?

Post by Guest »

Why dont you just email ISSF and ask?
Fabian

Well

Post by Fabian »

Even if Mr. Tenk is not using it, the world record with finals stands since 2000 and it was shot with a Toz 35. It's been almost five years and no shooter has been able to break it, that says a lot about the Toz and about the other pistols.
David Levene

Re: Well

Post by David Levene »

Fabian wrote:Even if Mr. Tenk is not using it, the world record with finals stands since 2000 and it was shot with a Toz 35. It's been almost five years and no shooter has been able to break it, that says a lot about the Toz and about the other pistols.
Wrong, it says a lot about the shooter.

All that it says about the pistol is that it is (probably) capable of putting the shots where the barrel is pointed.
Mike McDaniel

Post by Mike McDaniel »

(Sigh).....

Paw through the archives on this site and you'll find a lot about the distribution of FPs in the last two Olympics. As well as the Hitchiker's Guide page on FP.

The current breakdown in the finals seems to be running about 55% Morini/45% Toz. The trendline is toward the Morini - it was 50/50 a few years ago. Very few of the top shooters are using anything else.

There's been a lot of speculation on why the Toz has been so dominant. Reportedly, one of the German shooting magazines has attributed it to an extremely fast lock time - about a third faster than anything else on the market.

The Dirty Little Secret is that ALL the top-tier pistols have the accuracy needed to do the job. But accurate from a machine rest in one thing - accurate from your hand is quite another. I've heard of shooters setting national records with pistols they KNEW were not the most accurate - but they had fantastic triggers, which made for a better man-machine interface. And if you can get a good set of grips on it, the Toz can do the job.

And no, I don't really have a dog in this fight - I own one of each :-)
Shin
Site Admin

Re: Shin/Martin Tenk/TOZ-35 og MU-55

Post by Shin »

Godsfear (again) wrote:I clicked onto the ISSFNEWS route in your post, "Shin". What appeared was a picture of Mr. Tenk, among outhers. But I was not able to find any written information about which gun he uses in the articles linked to that page.

The lower pisture of that ISSF-page shows the Morini M84 of the Chinese competitor. But no TOZ 35 was to be seen. Can you help me further here, "Shin"?
Check this:
http://issf.team-multimedia.de/videothe ... ol-men.wmv (50Mb)
Godsfear

TOZ-35 / MU-55

Post by Godsfear »

Thank You, "Shin".

It was a lovely 7 min video showing all those great sportsmen.

Martin here fires a TOZ 35. The front wooden part distinguishes from the MU-55. In addition the MU-55 has a sort of "wheel" at the left side of the grip to tighten the hand support.

Thank You again, "Shin"

(Just curious: Site admin, Shin, - of which site?)