Question on lubricating and cleaning Pardini SP trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Pardini Fan

Question on lubricating and cleaning Pardini SP trigger

Post by Pardini Fan »

The trigger on my Pardini SP gets creepy occasionally, and too often. How should I be lubricating it? How do I access the trigger assembly? Thank you.
mark kelly

pardini trigger

Post by mark kelly »

Easy! Don't mess with it. Let Scott Pilkington do it. I cannot stress this enough. Bad things happen! Shots in bench, toes, etc. I haven't mastered shooting but I learned this "Give your gun to a gunsmith who understands what you want out of your trigger (like scott) and walk away. Don't watch what they do (which might be nothing because believe it or not he does know what a good trigger feels like) and then when you get your gun back you'll swear it is the best trigger you ever felt. Just my thoughts
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

If a gritty feeling occurs in the first stage travel, you can try this.

First of all, try to remove all grit and unburnt powder, if any, from the hammer and sear area, most easily done with the grip removed using compressed air.

With the grip removed you will notice a hole in the right side of the frame.
This hole gives you access to the sear and hammer engagement surfaces,
if you cock the gun and dryfire it while looking, it´s pretty clear to see how the parts interact.

For cleaning, lock the bolt back, slip a thin strip of paper, 2-3mm (1/10") wide , between the hammer and sear engagement surfaces, let bolt forward and pull the paper out. One thing though, the paper has to be strong enough to not tear, for me regular writing paper, folded double, has worked well.

Then relube with a molebdynum disulfide (MoS2) grease, just a little, on the engagement surfaces.

If this doesn´t help, I´m afraid that you will have to have the engagement surfaces honed, because the gritty feeling comes from the surfaces being rough.

Good luck

Anders
Pardini Fan

Thank you, Anders

Post by Pardini Fan »

Thank you, Anders.