Grip size

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Snauser

Grip size

Post by Snauser »

Hi all,

I'm about to buy a Steyr LP10 or a Feinwerkbau P40. I wonder if there is a guideline about what grip size to choose? I mean how to measure my hand and match it with correct pistol grip size.

Thanks,
Axel
David Levene

Re: Grip size

Post by David Levene »

Snauser wrote:I'm about to buy a Steyr LP10 or a Feinwerkbau P40. I wonder if there is a guideline about what grip size to choose? I mean how to measure my hand and match it with correct pistol grip size.
For Steyr grip sizes look at the Steyr Guide on the "Pistol" tab. The sizes are in mm.
Tom Bowen

Post by Tom Bowen »

Hi,

I agree with David about the Steyr size indicator. Just remember when measuring your hand do not include the trigger finger for the Steyr measuring system.

You also might want to check Rinks site for their size indicator, www.formgriffe.de as a secondary check.

The nice thing is that everyones medium is a medium. I use a meduim grip on my LP10. I have also owned the Morini 162, FWB P-34 with factory & Morini grips, and the Anschutz M-10. I have also used the Nill grips. All of these grips have been Mediums and they have all fit fine.

So if you can handle any of these fine guns with a medium grip you should be able to confirm if that is the size for you.

Tom
terrypchan

Grip size info

Post by terrypchan »

If the gun you are planning to buy has a Morini grip then on the Morini web page:
http://www.morini.ch/
You can click on "Grips" and they have a diagram on how to measure your hand for the grip sizes they provide.
There is some overlap in Morini grips. So if you are in between a Medium or Large both will probably fit you with some adjusting of the palm rest.
Axel

Post by Axel »

Thanks for all the answers !

Hmm, I measured my hand across the nuckles and got 83 mm. Which means I got a small to xsmall hand. Wow, I'm a real man... Ha ha :-) Steyr indicator says small.

Thanks again,

Axel
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I would suggest you try the grips before you buy just to make sure the small is really right for you.

Rob.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I second Robbs comment.
I have a small hand, but when I tried the grip on my used Walther, it did not fit. The width across the palm was fine, but my trigger finger could not reach the trigger. The previous owner had much longer fingers than me. So reach is also a consideration, and this I think can only be determined on the pistol.

gud luk
Gary