Loss of an International competitor

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Elliott Dushkin

Loss of an International competitor

Post by Elliott Dushkin »

Just a sad note to let all the International pistol shooters know that Ian Cartier passed away suddenly last Thursday evening. He was just starting to get his groupings in the "8" ring and was looking forward to lots more international matches.
Elliott Dushkin
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

What a shocker- his passing will surely be noted among us all with great sorrow.

"There, but for the Grace of God, go I."

Steve Swartz
Barry Markowitz

Ian's Passing

Post by Barry Markowitz »

Early this year Ian hosted my son Abe, Seaton Thomas and myself. I am quite stunned. I hope that after things settle down for Ian's son that Elliott and other shooters close to the Cartier family can keep the young man involved in his dad's passion, Free Pistol and AP. I think having a caring "shooting family" around him will help provide stability during some difficult days ahead (as he will miss his dad) The young man is a real good kid and potentially a very good junior shooter. Elliott, please give the young man our sincerest aloha from Hawaii. He is always welcome to visit us here.
colinh

Post by colinh »

About three months ago, I met with Ian and purchased the LP10 left hand grip from him. I still remember him demonstrating the hold and saying that the gun should go to the same place everytime. With his encouragement, I joined the usashooting.org and started shooting. I was hoping to see him again in the match!

May God bless him and his family.

Colin

Post by Guest »

It is with great sorrow that today i learned of the passing of my dear friend and fellow shooter Ian Cartier. My life has lost something very valuable . His up beat humour and his help to many people and his dear family are part of his legacy. He is sorely missed.
Elliot, if there is anything i can help you with please let me know. And please give my regards and love to brad and Ians lovely lady.
With great sadness, Seaton Thomas
lilhudiniboy

Post by lilhudiniboy »

Hey guys
I am Brad Cartier Ian's son. i was just curious who knew my dad and what you thought of him I was just hoping I coudl hear some good and positive stories about my dads shooting times. If you know anything I would love to hear it.

thanks a lot
-Brad Cartier
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Brad:

Please send me an email at leslieswartz@charter.net (for some reason, I was unable to pick up your email link off the web posting!?) and I would be delighted to share some reminiscing.

While I only knew your dad through the shooting sports, it did seem to be a treasured part of his life.

Steve Swartz