3X's Air Pistol Match Continued?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
MarkR

3X's Air Pistol Match Continued?

Post by MarkR »

Just wondering if the 3X's match at OTC will continue on - haven't heard anything.

Mark
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

Coach Luzov responded to my email about this today.

He says:
3x Air will be held at the OTC Jan 19-24, 2005.
There will be no Spring or Fall Selection Matches in 2005
The Championship of the Americas team will be selected at the National Championships

--Matt Cole
Alex

3X AP

Post by Alex »

Matt,

Thanks for passing that news on. Before I bother what I trust is a busy man, did he mention anything about 3X RF?

Hold center,
Alex
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

He didn't say. But I didn't ask about it specifically either.

--Matt
MarkR

Thanks for checking Matt!

Post by MarkR »

Now I can tell my boss to hire a substitute (I teach K-12 Music) for the week!

Looking forward to it.

Mark
TCAnthony

Championship of the Americas Team

Post by TCAnthony »

Can anyone give me some information on what the Championship of the Americas team is. How many members? How are they selected? Where do they compete? I just read in USA Shooting that all members of this team would be juniors.
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

Maybe this information will help:

http://www.usashooting.com/News/NewsView.cfm?id=169

--Matt
rk

actual compettion days

Post by rk »

What are the actual competition days (i.e the 3x days: Thu, Fri, Sat?)? Is Sun the "Top Gun" day? and is Mon the 24th actually included as a comp day (as originally posted)? Thanks very much for the info.

Rich
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

TCAnthony:
I just read that as well in USA Shooting News that the Championship of the Americas team would be comprised entirely of juniors this time. That is a departure from how they did it last time and from what they published earlier this year as the official selection process. But, I think it's consistent with USAS post-Olympics initiative to engage and develop more junior pistol shooters. But it kind of pulls the rug out from under any aspiring adult shooters who hoped to compete for a spot on the CAT team.

rk:
In 2004, the actual competition days were Fri, Sat, Sun, with Thursday being a training day. The Top Gun match was on Sunday afternoon following finals of the 3rd day of official competition. Monday was just scheduled as the "Departure" day since folks staying for the "Top Gun" match would likely finish after most flights had left for the day. But, if you didn't want to stay for "Top Gun", there's no reason you couldn't leave Sunday afternoon, flight schedules permitting. Not sure if the 3x Air schedule will be the same for 2005 though, but I'd expect so by the dates they've posted.

--Matt
Alex

3X AP

Post by Alex »

To mcole95:

2. CAT Team participants will be selected as follows:

a. Junior category, National Development Team members that are 21 years old or younger, and "National Team members that are in their first year on the NT" and have not been on the NT at any previous time are eligible.

I take this to mean that if you shoot your way onto the team for the first time next June you'll get to go. I could never see sending shooters who had been to Worlds or Olympics to something like the CAT anyway.

Good luck to all.
Alex