Should I buy a brand new IZH46M or good secondhand FWB100?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hpaw

Should I buy a brand new IZH46M or good secondhand FWB100?

Post by hpaw »

Should I buy a brand new IZH46M or a good secondhand FWB100 for £200? I live in the UK and cannot buy the IZH from any UK dealers. I could buy a US import from Pilkington guns for $275 + $44 postage + 17.5%VAT. I suppose that will work out to be approximately £200, which is the same price for the FWB100.
Please advise me which I should go for?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I thought I had seen the IZH in a couple of dealer adverts in Airgunner.

If you do an import I think you will find that you will have to pay import duty as well as VAT.
Nano

fwb100 or izh46m

Post by Nano »

hpaw:
I have a wonderful izh46m pistol, I consider that the fwb100 are better gun, I recommend you to buy of second hand that gun.
In my shooting club there is an old man that has one Fwb100 and it works really well, without flaws.

Nano
thenikjones

Post by thenikjones »

Hpaw,

You can get the IZH64 in the UK, go to www.decadefirearms.com (I spent ages looking on the web for a UK dealer, failed, then saw an advert in Shooting Sports for these guys, they are the UK Baikal dealers). It costs £299. Might be worth seeing what it would cost to ship from Pilkguns, and/or checking with Decade whether they mean the 'M' model.

HTH,

Nik
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Is the fwb you mention the spring gun? If so, get the IZH. It is much better. I am shooting 540 with my IZH but practice time has been hard to come by lately
JoeG

JoeG

Post by JoeG »

Scout18, no the FWB 100 is not a spring gun, it is a single stroke pneumatic like the IZH. Although the IZH is a great gun and a fantastic value my personal choice here would probably be the FWB. Slightly better ergonomics and a superior trigger. Both are quite capable of top scores and there isn't a bad choice.
hpaw

izh46 or fwb100

Post by hpaw »

Thanks for the replies. I've decided on neither and instead bought a wonderful Daisy 747 from Pilksgun.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

The daisy is a good starter gun. You can learn the basics just fine with one. The thing that I was taught with the single stroke is to get into a process so you do the same steps everytime. With the Daisy I move the pump lever to the extreme most forward position and leave it there. Then I cycle the action and load a pellet. Then I bring the pump lever back to the closed postion. Time after time. After while it is so automatic that if there are any variations in your process or pistol's operation you will know right away. good luck.