Smallbore Triggers

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Thor

Smallbore Triggers

Post by Thor »

I am going to build a new smallbore rifle. Most like the Anschutz 5018 trigger, that is two stage. Many custom gunsmiths recommend the Jewel trigger, which is single stage. Any input? Thank you.

Post by Guest »

You did not say what kind of action you are planning on using. That typically dictates what trigger you will use. My personal vote would be for the 5018 which can be single stage or two stage depending on how you adjust it and has many more adjustments than the jewels I think.

Post by Guest »

A Jewell is great for a bench gun but for a position rifle you are way better off with the anschutz.
gunbug

get a Kenyon

Post by gunbug »

Get a custom trigger from Karl Kenyon. You'll use it your whole career and your grandkids will still be shooting it a half century from now.
shutr

5018 vs Kenyon

Post by shutr »

I own four triggers, one of them a Kenyon, one a FWB, and two Anschutz. Here is my analysis

The Kenyon is by far the most crisp trigger I've ever shot. It's superb for the lightest trigger weight. However, I've also found there is a limit on how light the trigger should be.

I like the Anschutz two stage as well. I actually prefer my 2-stage 5018 trigger prone, and my single stage Kenyon for 3P. I shoot separate rifles.

Dave Cloft