Pardini K58 Opinions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dctfn

Pardini K58 Opinions

Post by dctfn »

I am new to the forum and have never shot air pistols. My experience is .22, 9mm, .45, etc. I am very interested in the K58 and am looking to gain knowledge from your personnal experiences with this pistol. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks, dctfn
Bill177

My K58

Post by Bill177 »

I purchased a non-working K58 a few months ago and rebuilt it (read cleaned, resealed, and lubed). It is a very accurate airgun with a typically very fine Pardini trigger.

The K58, an SSP (single stroke pnuematic), is ideal for take along shooting and at home shooting in that it requires no support equipment except for pellets. You cock it, place a pellet in the chamber, aim, and shoot (a 10 of course).

Mine shoots at 440 fps using the typical light weight wad cutters (either RWS 10 Lites or Nygord). It will shoot as good as the shooter. In other words, the gun will not hold you back.

K58 drawbacks are really only one: you have to cock it each time you fire. This might not sound like much, but after a 60 shot ISSF type match, your arm will know it. Hence, the reason for the progression to Co2 powered target airguns, and eventually to compressed air powered airguns.

A new K58 will cost $795 from Nygords. That and a few tins of pellets and you are ready to shoot. A used K58 is very difficult to find - I looked for nearly a year. A good one will be priced around $500.

Or, you can buy a reconditioned K60, the Co2 powered sister model to the K58, from Pilkguns for $380. You will have to get a siphon type 20# Co2 tank for bulk refill at an estimated cost of $100 (available nearly any place). A single fill of a #20 Co2 tank (about $10) will last for 50,000 shots or more - but, who's counting anyway.

Pilkguns also has a number of used PCP (compressed air) target pistols shown on their site starting at $900. Along with a PCP air pistol, you will need a scuba tank and yoke - figure on about $300 for the tank and yoke.

I stopped at Co2. I am happy with my K60 air pistol and shoot 50 to 100 shots daily. I also like my K58, which is set up with a red-dot site and used for non-ISSF type shooting. Each has their place. You might also want to look at the Russian made IZH-46M SSP air pistol. It probably represents the most bang for the buck in today's target air pistol market.

If you would like to learn more about airguns in general, take a look at www.airguninfo.com - which will have answers to most of your questions (and probably keep you busy for a couple of evenings just reading what's there).

I read and looked for six months before I went for an air pistol - but it sure is nice to be able to shoot at home, rather than driving miles to the range in the middle of the winter. Well, that's probably more than you wanted to read - but, perhaps I managed to answer your questions or create some more questions.
crrmeyer

crrmeyer@yahoo.com

Post by crrmeyer »

I like the K58. It is a very well built air pistol with a great trigger. I find it a better value that the FWB 103 and a lot nicer built than the IZH-46(M) - though the IZH's do shoot well. The current one's also have dry fire capability unlike the original ones.

If you drop me an e-mail. I'll send you a review of the K58 I wrote a while back. There may ever be a copy floating around the archives here, though it would be nice to get my name attached to it as the author.

Charles
dctfn

Post by dctfn »

Thanks for you input. I am really leaning toward the K58, for its simplicity, quality and accuracy. You mention red dot sights. I use them on two of my .22s, made by Ultra Dot. What will I need if I decide to use this sight on the K58?

Thanks Again!!

dctfn
Bill177

Red-dot for the K58

Post by Bill177 »

I had to machine my own mounts that clamp onto the barrel. To my knowledge, there are none available from a manufacturer.

If I really wanted to do it right, I'd mount a Doctor to the rear of the frame by machining my own mount as a replacement for the normal rear sight unit.
dctfn

Post by dctfn »

Shot the K58 today. Unbelievable how accurate this gun is. I can see myself getting really hooked, considering I can go to my garage and shoot all day for very little cost. The worst I did was to put a few out to the 5 ring, but for the most part I kept everything in the black. Practice, Practice!!!!

P225
P230
P210-6
DW 15-2 .357
Trailside
Ruger MK II
S&W 952-1
Pardini K58
z1nonlyone

Re: Red-dot for the K58

Post by z1nonlyone »

Bill177 wrote:I had to machine my own mounts that clamp onto the barrel. To my knowledge, there are none available from a manufacturer.

If I really wanted to do it right, I'd mount a Doctor to the rear of the frame by machining my own mount as a replacement for the normal rear sight unit.
Hi Bill,

I noticed that you mentioned a "Docter" red dot sight for the K58. Would this type of sight enhance the aiming ability on small, close (10 meters or so), targets? I was considering using one on my K58

thanks,

Chris
Bill177

Sights

Post by Bill177 »

I am getting "older" and now use one of those iris things on my shooting glasses with regular iron sights on my K2S (Co2).

I haven't used any of the red-dot sights since I sold the K58 - several years ago. Arthritis made it too hard to shoot the K58. However, for fun shooting I now have an Izzy - which is much easier to cock, is as accurate in my hands, has a good trigger etc. A great SSP air pistol that I recommend to everyone.

The Izzy is popular and you should be able to find mounts of some kind for it that will allow the used of a red-dot of some kind. The same mounts may fit the K58 or be adaptable to it.

Red-dot was a nice diversion for my eyes at ten meters and for general plinking out to 25 or 30 yards (about the limit for under 500 fps).
Rover

Post by Rover »

You can have fun with a red dot, but you can't use it in International competition.

I personally would not put one on an air pistol unless I were using it for silhouette.