TOZ 35 questions

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Questor

TOZ 35 questions

Post by Questor »

Does the Toz 35 free pistol have good sights from the factory, or does it need aftermarket sights. Aside from grips, does it need any other accessories to set it up? How is the reliability and durability?
Thank you.
Vasiliy

Re: TOZ 35 questions

Post by Vasiliy »

Sights: none better
Grip: no need to buy aftermarket; fit the factory one to your hand - like the Russian shooters who dominated the world for decades
Accessories: maybe a barrel weight
Reliability: the best. Period! It comes with enough do-it-yourself spares to keep it running for 2 lifetimes
Durability: don't drop it or throw it
Finally: don't be sucked in by new gizmos. They won't put the bullet in the 10-ring - only you can.

Greg Derr

Re: TOZ 35 questions

Post by Greg Derr »

I agree. Focus on the shooting, the TOZ with do the rest.
Bob Riegl

Re: TOZ 35 sights

Post by Bob Riegl »

I spend a lot of time defending a gun I no longer possess. I had other issues with the one I drew---the sights can be a problem---(1) if your gun arrives with the front sight sitting at 90 degrees, then OK---if not---you can adjust that. (2) Many shooters complain that they need a higher front sight---or they cannot get the rear sight down far enough for center hold. A friend fixed the front sight height problem with manufacturing his own sight with some engineering plastic---he has the hand a tool skills---others have ground off the wood under the rear sight to gain more clicks and/or have added washers to the left-hand threaded elevation adjustment screw to achieve the desired result. These are problems that can be overcome if they present themselves---other than that there is also a learning curve with loading and setting the trigger properly to avoid too much metal rub on parts with exacerbated wear and tear on the mechanism. All in all, given what I have learned about the gun over the years, if I were to buy another FP I would probably buy another TOZ.