BSP ⅛" thread leak?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mc_tt

BSP ⅛" thread leak?

Post by mc_tt »

Hey all,
I'm using the "Best Fittings Charging Kit 200/300 DIN bar" and the "Best Fittings Adaptor 200/232 bar DIN Female — ⅛ BSP Male" together to fill a Morini cylinder, but it seems like air leaks from the ⅛" BSP Female and the ⅛" BSP Male connection. Also, I'm unsure if the threads are BSPP or BSPT, the website doesn't say. Pictures for reference.
screenshot.jpg
screenshot2.jpg
There is a gasket in the ⅛" BSP Female.

Thanks
m1963

Re: BSP ⅛" thread leak?

Post by m1963 »

Contact BEST fittings and let them know what the problem is. They will send you the correct parts, and instructions.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I forget if it is BSP 1/8" or not, but some connections require a copper washer. Best Fittings is great to work with, and I'm sure they will help you sort it out.
mc_tt

Post by mc_tt »

Thanks all, I’ll report back when I have an answer
mc_tt

Post by mc_tt »

I contacted Best Fittings and they were helpful. The solution is to use a spanner to tighten the connection, which worked! I was originally just using my fingers.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Great news! I have an identical valve on which the pressure relief button flew off after many years of use. BEST fittings sent me the parts and instructions to fix it- gratis. A great company to deal with, for sure.