Indoor range - what are you shooting at ?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Brian74montecarlo

Indoor range - what are you shooting at ?

Post by Brian74montecarlo »

Hi all , I’m a newer shooter and I’m practicing bullseye type shooting I have a few good 22s and a couple 9mm that I’m practicing with - paper targets at the indoor range - it seems like everyone I see at my local spots just shoot whatever targets no rhyme or reason

I’m trying to train and learn the discipline nessary to match shoot hopefully if I can find a local enough match to attend in south east FL USA - anyhow my places to go don’t have great indoor lighting - I find myself shooting the 25 foot NRA target TQ7 the most - I set it up with 4 of them on a 11x18 cardboard and use a lazer measure to draw the targets back 25 ft exactly on the above wire hangers

I also use the NRA target B3 to shoot at 50 foot but indoors in bad lighting it’s fairly difficult to see well that far back
Maby it’s just me

Before I was shooting theese two almost exclusively I realley liked to shoot at 12x18 splatter targets
And I also had a hand full of theese cool rimfire target sighting in ones - a local place also does a NRA target B33 with a splatter sticker in the center but I don’t think the numbers totally match up so you couldn’t use that to legal score I don’t think - what are you guys using to target shoot at please share

dulcmr-man

Re: Indoor range - what are you shooting at ?

Post by dulcmr-man »

The indoor range at which I train goes to 25 yards so I typically shoot at that distance.

When load testing I typically use some NRA 10 meter air pistol targets because the black is very small. This target because I believe in the "aim small shoot small" principle.

I generally focus on one thing at a time so I typically shoot only slow fire or only sustained fire during any one session, using the B-8 for slow fire and the B16 repair center for sustained.

FWIW,

Dennis, aka Duclmrman
KDZ

Re: Indoor range - what are you shooting at ?

Post by KDZ »

"When load testing I typically use some NRA 10 meter air pistol targets because the black is very small. This target because I believe in the "aim small shoot small" principle."

Here too. If the goal is harder I seem to do better. I even shoot 10m targets with .45/1911 (at 50')

https://postimg.cc/gwxg61VZ