Opinion- Oberle Enterprises

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

oracle1973

Post by oracle1973 »

Robert Oberle has switched credit card payment processing companies and apparently has a new 3% non-refundable fee for any credit card transactions.

I had to cancel an order for a new LG500 because his ad said "Mention in notes left or right hand and grip size". So I ordered a right-hand small grip LG500. The following day I was called and informed that the only grip Walther offers in the LG500 is a medium. I asked to cancel the order via text message (within a mere 24 hours of placing the order) since my daughter is small-handed (even a small is somewhat too big for her hand). I was then told to "please stand by" that Neal Steppe in Fort Worth had a LG500 small grip. The following day it was determined that Neal actually didn't have a small grip for the LG500, but only for the LG400. I then ask to cancel again once the offer was made to have Walther put an adapter on the LG500 for it to accept a LG400 model small grip which would evidently lose the infinity adjustment option that is new on the LG500. I was then issued a receipt with a partial refund (he withheld $144.93) with the reason noted "customer changed his mind".

He has since updated his terms and conditions (telling me to revisit them). And he has since updated his website to state "Medium Grips only" but this was AFTER the purchase was made.

I have purchased many items from Mr Oberle in the past with excellent customer service, but this is clearly a misrepresentation of the facts at hand and I wanted to at least let future customers know of this recent event.

Thank you
Jon Parish
Conway, AR
cahner

Post by cahner »

I am not sure that you are going to garner the support here that you might anticipate.

Bob is fair and honest in his dealings.
SuperIIFT

Post by SuperIIFT »

Buyer should not have been charged
until item was shipped
Unless a deposit was required

Customer did not change his mind
Product was not available

Bad description is ad

Dennis
_J_

Opinion- Oberle Enterprise... some options

Post by _J_ »

Some, but not all credit card companies will enforce full refund of the payment in this situation. This is up to the credit card company that issued the card, not the one processing the charge for the seller.

Alternative grip sources may be available. A low cost one using custom polymer grips might be https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/ if they have the required frame dimensions for the gun. For an individual whose hand size likely will change with time, but the gun would remain in use, that approach might be something to consider.

The reaction of some, that this action by the dealer is ok, is interesting in itself.

Some also would consider absence of advice by the seller on options to resolve the grip situation to be a problem in seller knowledge. experience, or customer advisory skills.
Last edited by _J_ on Fri May 31, 2024 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
oracle1973

Post by oracle1973 »

Dennis,

That is 100% my point. I still want the product (as advertised at the time of purchase) and continue to do so. Thank you for reading and understanding.

Jon
oracle1973

Post by oracle1973 »

"I am not sure that you are going to garner the support here that you might anticipate.

Bob is fair and honest in his dealings."

I am not seeking support here. I am simply informing others of an event. Each person can take this information and do with it as they please. I didn't say "don't buy from Oberle", I said "use caution". That's it.

The man has had EXCELLENT customer service until this point.
PirateJohn

Re: Opinion- Oberle Enterprises

Post by PirateJohn »

This is sad to hear. I bought from them last year at Olympic Trials. They didn't have what I wanted in stock so they let me order on their website and still get the discount for buying in person.
oracle1973

Post by oracle1973 »

PirateJohn wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:49 am This is sad to hear. I bought from them last year at Olympic Trials. They didn't have what I wanted in stock so they let me order on their website and still get the discount for buying in person.
Yes I'm saddened by this. I've purchased probably $5,000 in gear and accessories from him in over 6-8 orders in the past 2 years with EXCELLENT customer service, but I'm now $144.93 lighter in the wallet simply because he didn't have what was advertised.
RodSev

Post by RodSev »

I would contact your credit card company
oracle1973

Post by oracle1973 »

RodSev wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:51 am I would contact your credit card company
I have, I just wanted to save others from the hassle that I'm going through (compiling emails, screenshots, phone records, text messages) to recover the remaining funds. Thank you for the suggestion.
roberle

Post by roberle »

I feel like I have to say something here to defend myself and my company.
This is directly off the top of the checkout page of my website. It has been that way LONG before Mr. Parish Placed his order. Mr. Parish is not being truthful in his opinion.
If you have any questions, call before placing an order.
If you are unsure of what size you need, please refer to the sizing charts.
If you are still unsure and want to try two sizes, call us.
We will not return the 3% credit card fees on refunded items.

Please check your shipping address after login and before checkout

CHECK YOUR ORDER We can no longer issue full refunds of shipping choices or products ordered in error after the order is placed. 3% will be deducted from all refunds. This policy is due to the fact that our CC processing company does not refund 100% of card purchases. Check your order after logging in with your account, and BEFORE placing the order. If there is an error, not caused by Oberle Enterprises, and your package ships, we can not refund any shipping. NOTE: Make sure that you choose the correct shipping option you want and it is not too expensive before placing the order. Shipping charges are set once you login and when our system knows where your products will ship. We can only ship ammunition using UPS Ground, so make sure this is the shipping option chosen. Check your order for items on back order. If you can not wait for an item on back order, please do not order it, or better yet, call me before ordering back ordered items for a current status. We can not refund items back-ordered, because you decide you can not wait longer. We will take full responsibility for our inventory errors. NOTE: For your security and protection: Your Billing address and your Credit Card Billing address need to match or your CC charge will be declined. This is to prevent fraud. Thank you for your understanding. Refunds: will NOT include any lost Payment Card Fees unless the refund is caused by my error. I am sorry, but we are a small business and can not afford to lose fees because you change your mind after ordering. PayPal: Going forward we can no longer allow PayPal as a form of payment. Unfortunately, PayPal does NOT support America’s Second Amendment Right to bear Arms. This is NOT a political statement. It is either this or stop selling Shooting Supplies per PayPal’s policy of not allowing what we sell to be purchased through PayPal.
You can all check it out if you doubt what I am saying. Put something in your cart then press the checkout button. You will see what Me. Parish agreed to. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but we are NOT entitled to our own facts.
I offered several solutions to John. I even offered at no charge the exact same grip that his daughter is currently using as a loaner, which John said she loved. Once Walther obtained the small ITEC grips they would have send the replacement and a return label. I was about to send the rifle with the Small grip and John then demanded a refund. John did change his mind and requested a refund.I would like to say that every CC processor charges the 3% and other fees and every dealer has to pay it. CC usage is a convenience and not required in my business. I also accept checks and cash. My terms and conditions have been the same for years about refunds and CC fees. John wants people to believe I changed these after the fact, I did not. The only thing that changes was the product description not my business terms and conditions as John has misstated. My terms also state, that description can and will change as errors are found. Most businesses these days are passing these fees on to the customer, but Oberle Enterprises does not, but if you change your mind, who should loose? I wish no one had to loose, Small businesses can not afford to loose money because a customer decides they did not want the product anymore. Again, I offered John several options and he decline all of them. I hope those I have provided service to in the past will see that I am reasonable and try to make every concession possible, for customer satisfaction. We had a reasonable solution to the issue and John declined it. Terms and conditions are required by the CC processor, which is why they exist. I suggest everyone takes the time to read all of them before making a purchase from ANY company. That is why I ask John to revisit the terms. Had he read them and/or the top of the checkout page he should have known better than to write these lies. Have a great day and I wish you all the best. Robert Oberle