Pardini K2 Seal Needed Help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ShooterJim1959

Pardini K2 Seal Needed Help

Post by ShooterJim1959 »

I have a Pardini K2 pneumatic pistol, not Co2. Looking for an O Ring seal for the valve inside the air bottle. I did contact Pardini USA in Florida. Unfortunately they could not help me. They said they were a Pardini made part, but did not have any availability. Does anyone have any of these available? Or know if this is a standard size urethane O Ring? Any other help in getting this gun shooting again, would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim
6string

Re: Pardini K2 Seal Needed Help

Post by 6string »

Hi,
I'm in the same situation.
I ordered the (very expensive!) seal kit from Pardini USA. The seal fits but doesn't work. Cylinders just leak. I replaced the spring on the valve seal plunger. No luck.
I have been in repeated communiction with Pardini, by phone and email. They don't care. Their reply?
"Oh that's an old model."

Here's a quote from a recent email:
"This is a very old air pistol and Pardini Italy long ago stopped making parts for it.
We probably have more old Pardini parts than Pardini Italy does.. but once
they are gone, that is it.
"

They'll promise to look and get back to you, but they won't.
Keep in mind that for many years, the Pardini factory website (pardini.it) used to boast about supporting every gun they made, including the PGP75 free pistol, with a full inventory of spare parts.
Pardini USA told me they bought all the spare parts they could from the factory.

I suspect the only option is to measure all the seals, get as close as possible from various O-ring suppliers and just experiment until something works.

Pardini USA, are you out there??

Yes, I am calling you out for your lousy customer service!!

Today's $2,000 air pistol is tomorrow's paperweight!
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

The problem is pardini does not mention o ring sizes in the diagrams. Other companies like fwb steyr do it and with a little help you can source spares from local market even if they don't last as much as the originals.
sparky

Post by sparky »

You might try contacting Pardini Italy directly at: info@pardini.it
6string

Post by 6string »

sparky wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 am You might try contacting Pardini Italy directly at: info@pardini.it
I tried that. They just referred me back to Pardini USA.

Referring to the earlier comment about O-ring sizes, not only do they neglect to provide that info, but there are errors and exclusions on the exploded diagrams. The rear hinge pin for the loading gate, for example, is not depicted as also being the barrel retaining pin.
j-team

Post by j-team »

6string wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:35 pm
Referring to the earlier comment about O-ring sizes, not only do they neglect to provide that info, but there are errors and exclusions on the exploded diagrams. The rear hinge pin for the loading gate, for example, is not depicted as also being the barrel retaining pin.
Well, you could just measure them. Clue - metric.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

O-rings are relatively forgiving in most applications. As long as the manufacturer stuck to using standard metric sizes, you should be able to measure them and figure out what size they use.

Tau-7 CO2 pistols were originally designed with non-standard O-rings. They used a 2.2 mm cross-section, which then results in either a non-standard ID or OD (or both). The standard metric cross-sections around that size are 2.0 mm and 2.4 mm. I've managed to find standard size substitutes for all the original O-rings that work just fine.

Buna-N Nitrile material works well for PCP applications, and the O-rings have a 15 year shelf life. You can often buy 100 O-rings from an industrial supplier for the price (~$5) of a single O-ring from many pistol manufacturers. When in doubt, buy a couple options to try.

The one issue that comes up is how hard ("durometer" rating) the O-rings need to be. The two most common values are D70 and D90. My rule of thumb is to use D90 for high pressure seals (cylinders, and the input side of regulators), and D70 for everything else.

The one thing that gets tricky is the firing valve seal, which is often a custom part. Once the manufacturer stops supporting the pistols, replacing those becomes a big problem.