Walther LP-500 e-trigger battery dead?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Isildur1

Walther LP-500 e-trigger battery dead?

Post by Isildur1 »

Hi guys,

I recently bought Walther LP500 Meister Manufaktur and after I unpacked it, filled in the air cylinder and tried to shoot it, it doesn’t do anything. I tried to charge the e-trigger but it does not help.
When I connect the USB cable to the etrigger, the LED lids up and stays on (blue) and never turns off. I don’t even know how it should behave honestly because the manual I got with the pistol doesn’t mention anything regarding it.
I looked up the internet for some manual and found something like when I press the trigger the LED should blink for a few times depending on how many shots in thousand remain. But when I do that it doesn’t lit up.

You think the battery is dead? Not sure if I should send it back (Krale) or try to replace the battery or something else is going on.

Any idea? Do you know what battery should I be buying if that’s the case?

Thanks!
Ramon OP

Re: Walther LP-500 e-trigger battery dead?

Post by Ramon OP »

The first thing you should do is contact Krale
Th.

Post by Th. »

Contact Walther. They have a perfect service
McMadCow

Post by McMadCow »

I'd contact them and get a replacement, but just so you know, you can buy one on Amazon- no need to get anything "official". It's just a 100mah 1S LiPo battery. I keep a spare in my kit in case the original craps out.
Isildur1

Post by Isildur1 »

Thanks guys! I'll see if I can buy a battery.

I contacted Walther and this is what they're saying:

It is correct, when you charge it, the led is blue, permanent, but it should be of when the battery is full. And there I think is the problem, the battery does not work correctly.
My first thought is, the pistol was a long time at the dealer and never been charged, so the battery is maybe dad or only chargeable with a special charger.
Another thing can be, the battery is damaged by using a screw for the grip what is to long and now there is a little hole in the battery or, I also saw this, there is no battery inside, for what reason ever.
In the end you will need a new battery for sure, than it should work.

I'll keep you posted so others know as well if such thing happens to them.
Thank you again!
Isildur1

Post by Isildur1 »

So I opened it up and the battery is just nailed by the screw from the grip.
I have no idea how it's designed that such thing can happen; if someone used wrong screw (too long) or what happened but even if I get a new battery the same is going to happen.

I contacted Walther support again supported with the pictures I'm attaching here.

I'd be curious what you think though.

Image Image Image Image
Isildur1

Post by Isildur1 »

So to give you some update on this, I reached out to both Krale and Walther via email.

There is no response from Krale until now, for which I'm not surprised, their support (at least from experience over the past two months) is not on the level I'd call a good or an exceptional one, like some people have stated on several places I've seen.

There was immediate response from Walther though, I posted the first one above and we exchanged a couple of emails since.
The conclusion we came up with is this:

"We believe there was one time a different grip mounted and with a wrong screw.
And before it was sold to me, no one checked it."

I think this assumption is the best we can come up with given all the evidence we have. And that, unfortunately, only confirms my feelings about Krale. I respect everyone who praises them for great support or fast shipping, but I'd be able to tell you some stories related to them that are just from the opposite side of things. Anyway, it is what it is.

As was mentioned in this thread already, Walther has perfect support, they responded immediately in a very very effective way and they are also sending me the parts (battery, ..) which I'm going to need to fix the pistol.

Big kudos to Christian from Walther, as he is of a great help and I highly appreciate that and can't thank him enough for everything he's done for me today.

Thank you!
McMadCow

Post by McMadCow »

Walther USA has been excellent in my experience as well. Glad to hear you're getting taken care of.