Morini Grip on TOZ 35M Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lyoke3

Morini Grip on TOZ 35M Question

Post by lyoke3 »

I have a TOZ 35M and fitted the aftermarket Morini Grips on there. It look a little bit of work as I read it would on the advice from the forum.

The grip sides line up and click in place with the screws. The screw holes on the grip are close to the holes on the frame but not quite there to attach the grip to the frame. So my question is, what is the solution? Do I drill new holes in the frame? Leave the frame screws out, as it is pretty snug with the grip screws?

Just curious as I would like to continue on this project but want to make sure it is fundamentally set first.

Thanks,

Lake
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
brent375hh

Re: Morini Grip on TOZ 35M Question

Post by brent375hh »

I can't vouch for the Morini grip fit, but installed Rink grips on mine. The Toz frames have a lot of variance. I filed on the grip frame until everything fit snug. Its not like I ever plan on buying more grips for it, and if I did, I would epoxy the grips to fit if the were too small, or add JB weld to the frame. That is not normally how I would approach the problem, but Toz grip frames are not so much machined but beaten into shape like a horse shoe.
rmca

Post by rmca »

If the grip is snug enough on the frame, a screw per side will suffice. Normally the top one on each side.
There are two screws at the bottom plus one at the top, that clamp the two sides. Those do not touch the frame, so no need to adjust those.
If there is some rocking of the grip on the frame, try to bed the grip to the frame, with some wood putty.
There are not two TOZ alike... so adapt to what you have...

Hope this helps
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

Thanks for the insight.

The Toz is snug inside the grip. It seems like the grip sides want to separate. I am going to work with different screws and see if I can get a good fit.
spektr

Post by spektr »

i found its easy to get mMorini grips to be rock solid on my Toz. Get the side that fits the best and screw ot on. Take a low temp Hot Glue Gun and bed the grip in. Thats easy to do and it all peels off if you need to move rhings
Last edited by spektr on Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

I tried a few different screws and put them on the opposite sides and it seems to come together. I will take it through some of the paces then probably hot glue it. The molding compound for shaping will help keep it together as well.

It is all coming together, thank you everyone for the help!