Pardini K58 Trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Xman

Pardini K58 Trigger

Post by Xman »

Just purchased a Larry's Guns Pardini K58 from a member of this forum and I am very please with it.
When shooting it, the trigger felt like it was way under 500 grams. I weighted the trigger using a RCBS spring type trigger pull device.
The device has been on the money with my BE/HP/SB guns so I am confident that its readings are correct.
The K58 breaks at 250 grams according to the scale.
I have the complete paperwork for the K58 and I have looked at Pilkguns K58 guide for the trigger:

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/sppk58.htm

First Stage Weight
Turn screw PP clockwise to increase first stage weight.

Second Stage Weight
Turn screw PA clockwise to increase engagement weight.

My quandary is which screw ..PP or ..PA (or both??) will give me the adjustment that I need to get the break up to 500+ grams?
Agt. Smith

Re: Pardini K58 Trigger

Post by Agt. Smith »

The K12 comes in at about 300g "new out of the box". I felt the same thing.

The recommendation from Pardini USA was: "Optimally, I would set the first stage to around 400 grams and the second stage to 140".

I used a Lyman 7832248 pull gauge, but at the end of the day - it supported my DIY 525g test weight (tin filled with pellets).

I've been pleased with the results. Hope this helps - good luck!
Xman

Post by Xman »

Agt. Smith wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:14 am The K12 comes in at about 300g "new out of the box". I felt the same thing.

The recommendation from Pardini USA was: "Optimally, I would set the first stage to around 400 grams and the second stage to 140".

I used a Lyman 7832248 pull gauge, but at the end of the day - it supported my DIY 525g test weight (tin filled with pellets).

I've been pleased with the results. Hope this helps - good luck!
Thanks for the info. If I get it right ..
Increase the 1st stage screw to get a break at about 400 grams ..then
Increase the 2nd stage screw to add about another 125 grams to get an approximate 500-525 gram break.

I will try 1/4 turns first. Unless another member suggests other.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Back when, I was told to try a 50/50 weight distribution.
But some shooters switched to single stage. In fact my CPM-1 that I bought from Pilkingtons was set up as single stage. I had to dial the first stage back in.

I think it will come down to what do YOU prefer.
- Even weight pull, 50/50
- More weight on the first stage, 60/40
- Less on the first stage (like taking up the slack) and more on the second stage. 40/60

I would try to make it similar to your other guns, so that your trigger finger is not dealing with a different trigger release.
David M

Post by David M »

It's personal preference.
Firstly, it depends on how you set up the trigger point (sear break) either a "break like glass" or roll off trigger.
A "break like glass needs a heavier second stage weight 100g to 250g.
A roll off trigger can be set with a lighter second stage (more sear engagement) down to 50g to 80g.
My preference is a slight roll off style with 100g-120g second stage so you can feel the trigger and squeeze.
Total weight (first plus second stage) still needs to be 550g-570g.